The Senate of the University of Ibadan held an emergency meeting on Tuesday May 3rd, 2016 to discuss the issue pertaining the students’ protest and the consequent closure of the institution. At the emergency meeting the following decisions were made:
1. Ratification of the steps taken by Management which led to the closure of the University.
2. That Mr. Tunji Michael Ekpeti could not be reinstated immediately until Council meets.
3. Senate approved the establishment of a bipartisan committee to find out the immediate and remote causes for inadequate supply of power and water on the campus.
4. The issue of unauthorized fine in the halls of residence should be dealt with administratively.
5. That Academic Studies should not resume until all the pending issues have been resolved.