UBTH School of Post Basic Nursing Studies 2018/2019 Admission Form Released
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital is situated along the Benin Lagos Highway, it shares a boundary with the main campus of the University of Benin, its other Boundary is the Federal Girls Government College Road, Benin City.
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital was set up by Edict no 12 of 1971 under the then Midwestern state government of Col. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia, the Military Governor of the state. The Hospital was a worthy complement to the University of Benin which has similarly been established by the same visionary administration.
The Mandate of the UBTH:
Healing, Teaching and Research was clear and expedient and included the provision of a full range of hospital and specialist service to the community, provision of medical facility for the education of students in medical sciences as well as research.
With an initial bed capacity of 360 when it was officially opened on 12 May 1973, the UBTH today boast of a bed capacity of 860 as at August 2017 and still increasing with a multiplicity of departments offering a wide range of services all of which combined to make the institution a Centre of Excellence as its stands today.
University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH Post Basic Nursing admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session is now available.
1. Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing and Management
2. Diploma in Perioperative Nursing and Management
3. Diploma in Paediatric Nursing and Management
4. Diploma in Accident and Emergency Nursing and Management
One (1) year
- Possess five (5) credits in not more than two sittings in WAEC/NECO/SSCE/GCE/OL which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Be a qualified Nurse duly registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Have at least one-year Post registration, clinical experience in the relevant area and with sponsorship by an institution or agency.
How to Apply
Request for Admission Form should be directed to the office of the Assistant Director, Post Basic Nursing Studies, UBTH, Benin City, on payment of the prescribed application fee of N10, 000.00 or its equivalent in Dollars or Pounds for foreign applicants.
NOTE: All payments for application form should be made directly into Federal Government Remita Account, Training Schools (UBTH) School of Post Basic Nursing Studies.
Sales of forms commences 1st March and closes 22nd June, 2018.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Institution on or before 26th June, 2018. While entrance examination for all Programmes is Monday 2nd July, 2018 at 8.30am, then oral interview is Tuesday 3rd – Friday 6th July, 2018 at 8.30am each day. Please come with original copies of your credentials.
NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for their accommodation and feeding during the examination period.