UBTH School of Post Basic Nursing Studies 2019/2020 Admission Form Released
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital is situated along the Benin Lagos Highway, it shares a boundary with the main campus of the University of Benin, its other Boundary is the Federal Girls Government College Road, Benin City.
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital was set up by Edict no 12 of 1971 under the then Midwestern state government of Col. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia, the Military Governor of the state. The Hospital was a worthy complement to the University of Benin which has similarly been established by the same visionary administration.
The Mandate of the UBTH:
Healing, Teaching and Research was clear and expedient and included the provision of a full range of hospital and specialist service to the community, provision of medical facility for the education of students in medical sciences as well as research.
With an initial bed capacity of 360 when it was officially opened on 12 May 1973, the UBTH today boast of a bed capacity of 860 as at August 2017 and still increasing with a multiplicity of departments offering a wide range of services all of which combined to make the institution a Centre of Excellence as its stands today.
University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City, Edo State admission into School of Post Basic Nursing studies for 2019/2020 academic Session has been announced. Applications are hereby invited from the general public for Admission into the following courses:
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing and Management
- Diploma in Peri-operative Nursing and Management
- Diploma in Pediatric Nursing and Management
- Diploma in Accident & Emergency Nursing and Management
One (1) year
- Possess five (5) credits in not more than two sitting in WAEC/NECO, SSCE/GCE/OL which must include: English language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Be a qualified Nurse duly registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Have at least one-year Post registration, clinical experience in the relevant area and with sponsorship by an institution or Agency.
How to Apply
Request for the Admission form should be directed to the Office of the Deputy Director (DD), Post Basic Nursing Studies, UBTH, Benin City, on payment of the prescribed application fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) or its equivalent in Dollars or Pounds for foreign applicants.
- All payments for the application form should be made directly into Federal Government Remita Account, Training Schools (UBTH), School of Post Basic Nursing Studies.
- Sales of forms commences 25th February and closes 23rd
- All forms must be purchase in Administrative Office of the above named School.
- Be informed that UBTH do not sell the above named School forms online.
How to Submit Application Form
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Institution on or before 25th July, 2019.
While entrance examination for all programs are slated for 12th Monday, August 2019 at 8:30am and oral interview would commence from; Tuesday 13th – Friday, 16th August, 2018 at 8:30am each day.
Please come with original copies of your credentials.
Candidates will be responsible for their accommodation and feeding during the examination period.
Mrs. Amiegbebhor E.O Deputy Director (Nursing Education)
For: Chief Medical Director