Latest: UBTH School of Post-Basic Midwifery Admission Form, 2019/2020 Session
- Latest: UBTH School of Post-Basic Midwifery Admission Form, 2019/2020 Session
- Earlier: UBTH School of Health, Nursing and Midwifery Admission Forms Released for 2018/2019 Session
Applications are invited from the general public for Admission into the school of Post Basic Midwifery, UBTH Benin City for the 2019/2021 session.
DURATION OF COURSE- 18MONTHS
Entry Qualification: Applicant should/must:-
- Possess five (5) credits in not more than two sitting in WAEC/NECO, NABTEB, SSCE/GCE/OL which must include, English language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and chemistry.
- Be a qualified Nurse duly registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable from the office of the Principal/Head of Department (School of Midwifery) on presentation of evidence of payment of non –refundable fee of Six Thousand Five Hundred Naira. (N6, 500) only payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training School of Midwifery using REMITA platform in any bank in Nigeria.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- Sales of forms commence 11th March 2019 and closes 21st September 2019.
- All forms must be purchased from the office of the Principal/Head of Department, school of midwifery, UBTH.
- Be informed that UBTH does not sell the school of midwifery application forms online.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Completed application forms should be submitted to the institution before 21st September 2019
Date of Entrance Exam: 21st September 2019 at 8:00am
Date of selection interview: 24th September 2019 at 8:00am
Venue: School of Midwifery, UBTH, Benin City
Please come with original copies of your credentials.
Candidates will be responsible for their accommodation and feeding during the examination period
Mrs. F Esebame
Principal School Of Midwifery
For: The Chief Medical Director
Earlier: UBTH School of Health, Nursing and Midwifery Admission Forms Released for 2018/2019 Session
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes available at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital Training Schools, Benin City
A. SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (SHIM)
SHIM is a Monotechnic (Health Profession) accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board/Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME). Graduates of the school are now eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
i. NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (ND)
• Prospective candidates must possess a minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other subject from: Physics, Geography, Economics and Government.
• Candidates with a minimum score of at least 150 in the 2018 JAMB / UTME are eligible to apply.
ii. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (HND)
a. Candidate must possess the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements for the normal admission as stipulated for ND programme and evidence of one year industrial training from recognized establishment in the health sector.
b. Holders of Technician Certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission if such schools have been accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). Such candidates must meet the requirements as stipulated for admission in the ND programme .
c. Candidates with Technician Certificates in Health Information Management with Upper Credit and above, issued by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) will be considered for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements for the ND programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
i. Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Head, School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City.
ii. Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of Six Thousand (N6, 000.00) Naira only; payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – School of Health Information Management using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria
Completed forms should be returned to the office of the Head of School on or before Friday 31st August, 2018.
Date: Thursday 6th September, 2018.
Venue: The School Premises in UBTH.
Time: 9:00am prompt.
B. SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY
This is an Eighteen (18) months Post Basic Midwifery Programme leading to the award of (RM) Certificate.
Prospective candidates must possess the following:
• Five (5) CREDITS in WASC/SSCE/NECO in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings.
• Be a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are obtainable from the offices of the Principal/Head of Department (School of Midwifery) on presentation of evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of six thousand five hundred naira (N6, 500) only payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – School of Midwifery using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria.
Date of Entrance: – 15th September, 2018
Date of Interview: – 18th September, 2018
Venue: – School Of Midwifery, UBTH, Benin City.
Time: – 8:00a.m. prompt.
C. UBTH CENTRE FOR TRAINING COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICERS, CTCHO EKPOMA
The training which lasts for two (2) calendar years will commence in September, 2018. It leads to the award of Higher Diploma in Community Health
BASIC EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
WASC/ GCE / SSCE or NECO with five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Sciences, Chemistry and Physics.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
In addition to qualifications above, candidates must possess any of the following professional qualifications and experience for eligibility to apply:
i. Diploma in Community Health (DCH) with not less than two (2) years post qualification experience
ii. Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) with five (5) years post qualification experience
Applicants must be registered as a Community Health Practitioner and possess a valid practice license.
iii. Pay a non-refundable Application fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) only to the UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – Centre for Training Community Health Officers using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria
1. After payment of Application fee, you will be issued an evidence of payment in form of a
2. Application forms are to be obtained from the School with evidence of payment of prescribed fees.
3. Please note that the deadline for the payment of application form is Monday July 6th, 2018.
(a) WRITTEN TEST AND ORAL INTERVIEW:
Written test and Oral interview will be conducted on Wednesday 11th and Thursday, 12th July, 2018 respectively.
All candidates are to bring their originals and photocopies of certificates/master-lists to the examination centre.
Further enquiries should be directed to Mrs. Okunega on 08066234545.
D. SCHOOL OF NURSING UNIVERSITY OF BENIN TEACHING HOSPITAL, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
This is a three (3) year General Nursing Programme leading to the award of Registered Nurse Certificate (RN).
1. Candidates must not be less than 18 years of age.
2. Qualification; five Credit passes obtained in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO) in the following subjects, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
COLLECTION OF APPLICATION FORM
Application forms are obtainable in person from the office of the Principal with a non-refundable fee of ten thousand Naira (N10, 000.00) only. This should be made payable to UBTH Treasury Single Account (TSA) Via the Remita Platform in any bank under the service type Training School – School Of Nursing
A separate payment of N200 to Nursing and Midwifery Council Committee Edo State Account No. 2050003858, First Bank of Nigeria.
Candidates are to submit four (4) recent coloured passport photographs (taken in the preceding two weeks) while returning the completed application forms.
Closing date for submission of completed forms: Friday 3rd August, 2018
Examination Date: Saturday 11th of August, 2018
TIME: 10:00 a.m. prompt
Venue: School of Nursing, UBTH
Uwaila I. Joshua, Esq.
Head, Public Relations & Information Unit
For: Chief Medical Director