UAT Resumption Date and Academic Calendar: University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa (UAT) resumption of activities has been announced for the 2018/2019 academic session. Note that the resumption date has been changed. See the details below.
UAT New Resumption Date for 2018/2019 Academic Session
This is to inform all the Members of Staff and Students (both fresh and returning) of the University of Africa, Toru Orua (UAT), Bayelsa State, that the management of the institution has announced the date for the resumption of academic activities for the continuation of first semester, 2018/2019 academic session.
University of Africa, Toru Orua (UAT) will commence its normal activities on Monday January 7, 2019.
Members of Staff, Students and the entire University Community are to resume immediately.
Also See: UAT Admission List
UAT Academic Calendar | Previous
This is to inform all the staff and students of the University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State (UAT), that the management has released the academic calendar for the first semester, 2018/2019 academic session.
- Tuesday 6th – Wednesday 7th November, 2018 – 2nd Staff Retreat and Colloquium
- Sunday 11th November, 2018 – Arrival of Fresh Students
- Monday 12th – Friday 16th November, 2018 – Students Orientation, Course Registration and Medical Examination
- Tuesday 13th November, 2018 – Arrival of Continuing Students
- Wednesday 14th – Friday 16th November, 2018 – Registration of Continuing Students
- Monday 19th November, 2018 – Lectures Begins
- Friday 21st December, 2018 – Christmas Break
- Sunday 6th January, 2019 – Resumption from Christmas Break
- Monday 7th January, 2019 – Lecture Continues
- Monday 14th – Friday 19th November, 2019 – Mid-Semester Tests
- Tuesday 19th – Wednesday 20th February, 2019 – 2nd Distinguished Public Lecture Series
- Thursday 21st February, 2019 – Matriculation Ceremony of Fresh Students
- Monday 25th February – Friday 1st March, 2019 – Revision Week
- Monday 4th – Friday 15th March, 2019 – End of Semester Examinations
- Saturday 16th – Sunday 7th April, 2019 – Vacation
- Thursday 28th March, 2019 – Faculty/Departmental Board Meeting
- Thursday 4th April, 2019 – Senate Consideration of Results.
About University of Africa
INTRODUCING THE UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA: OUR GOALS AND STRATEGIES
The University of Africa, Toru-Orua, Bayelsa State, Nigeria, was established by the State Government through a Bill passed by the State House of Assembly and assented to by His Excellency and Visitor to the University – Hon. Henry Seriake Dickson on Friday July 22, 2016. With effect from Thursday July 28, 2017, the National Universities’ Commission (NUC) recognised University of Africa (UAT) as the 43rd State university, and 143rd in the Nigerian University System.
Following this, a formal letter of approval, Ref No: (NUC/AS/S43/Vol. 112), was given by the National Universities’ Commission to commence Foundation programmes in Arts and Sciences with effect from March 14, 2017. The first batch of Foundation students completed their programmes on September 2017. This was followed by successful NUC-organised Resource Verification Exercise for a total of 24 Academic Programmes in 21 Departments domiciled in Four (4) Faculties vide NUC letter Ref No: NUC/AP/S43/VOL.1/04 of October 26, 2017.
As a 21st Century University with entrepreneurial bent, University of Africa, Toru-Orua envisions a world of unlimited opportunities and boundless human potentials through the offering of innovative education that ensures full personal development and discovery, engenders creativity, and promotes skills acquisition from varieties of learning experiences to build a total person prepared for leadership and service.
Our major selling points at UAT is to provide our students with identical educational opportunities and exposures as they will find in places like: US, UK, Canada and South Africa but, at a fraction of that cost. They will be trained to use their brain and their hands, and above all, to be globally and self-employable within the ambits of UAT core legacy and values of: Integrity, Knowledge, Dignity, Excellence and Service.