As the Unified Tertiary Examination (UTME) of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) begins today, we wish all Jambites and most especially NigerianScholars loyal visitors success in your exams.
In our bid to help all Jambites, this article we show you the do’s and dont’s as you prepare for your UTME exams.
Without wasting your time, below are the things you should do a night to and during your UTME exams.
1. Eat Good Food
Make effort to eat a decent meal. It’ll make you feel happy and give you a boost that’ll get you ready for the next day.
2. Sleep on Time
Avoid going to bed late the night before the exam so can you give your brain time to rest. The few moments before you go to bed is a wonderful time for memorisation. Learning before you sleep helps improve retention, but be sure not to over do it. Don’t read overnight into the day of your examination. Go to bed early, your brain needs to rest for optimum performance tomorrow.
3. Prepare to Wake up on Time
Set as many alarms as possible to ensure you wake up on time. You can get a sibling, parent or any family member to wake you up too, if you’re still worried about over-sleeping. Just make sure you get to the exam on time.
On the day of the exam;
Get There Early
- We hope you’re familiar with your exam centre by now, as we had ealier advised. Be sure to locate your centre today, before tomorrow’s exam. Get to your examination centre on time. Do all you can to be at your venue 30 minutes before your exam.
Don’t Drink Too Much Water
- Don’t drink too much water, just a little will be fine. Don’t worry about Dehydration, it is not going to be a problem during the exam, but drinking too much water and needing a to go to the toilet every five minutes is.
Avoid going to the exam with any of the JAMB prohibited Items
When you get to the UTME exam centre;
- Ensure that your Biometric Verification is done. This is very important. If it is not done, you should ask for it.
- When in the exam room, sit comfortably and spread out. It’s proven that when we physically make ourselves larger, by spreading our arms or leaning back on the chair, this releases a type of hormone which makes you more confident.
- Read and follow instructions carefully.
- Start with a subject you’re strong in. Don’t waste time on difficult questions, move to the next.
- Attempt all questions.
All the Best! You’ll do great!
Post Credit: Myschool.ng