Applications are currently ongoing for the Postgraduate Research Scholarships at University Of Sydney. Interested students should see the details below.
The Division of Natural Sciences at the University of Sydney is offering postgraduate research excellence awards to outstanding international students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Division of Natural Sciences.
Applications are sought from graduates of an equivalent Australian bachelor’s degree with honours in science (or relevant discipline) from a leading international research institution where 25% of the final year of the degree includes an independent research component.
Always open for applications
- Graduates of a degree equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Science (or relevant discipline area), at a non-Australian international university. The final year of the degree must include at least 25% research
- Graduates who have achieved results in the top 10% of their university studies from a leading research institution
- Graduates who are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or who hold permanent residency in Australia
- Graduates must be commencing postgraduate study at the University of Sydney for the first time with support from a Faculty of Science Research Supervisor for both the research project and scholarship
- Applicants can not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
- Applicants must commence study at the University of Sydney by the date stipulated in the candidature offer letter.
This scholarship program will cover international student tuition fees and provide a stipend at the current Research Training Program (former APA) rate.Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship will terminate under any of the following conditions:
- If the award holder no longer meets the eligibility requirements.
- If the award holder fails to make satisfactory progress in the degree program.
- When the award holder ceases to be enrolled as a full-time research doctoral candidate, or discontinues their study.
- If the University determines that the award holder is guilty of serious misconduct, including, but not limited to, having provided false or misleading information.
- If the award holder does not resume study at the end of a period of approved leave.
- If the award holder is granted permanent residency in Australia. Students must immediately advise the Faculty of Science, International Services and the Scholarships Office of any changes to their visa status.