Redeemer’s University Admission List has been released by the school authorities and management for the 2016/2017 academic session and all respective aspirants are hereby informed.
Redeemer’s University Admission List 2016/2017
Redeemer’s University, Ede, Osun State has released the first batch admission list for the 2016/2017 academic session. Candidates that applied for RUN’s degree programmes can now check their admission status.
The list can be accessed via the PDF document below:
About Redeemer’s University
Redeemer’s University is a private university in Ede, off Gbongan-Oshogbo Road, Osun State, Nigeria. Established in 2005, the university is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. The university operates a collegiate system and awards B.A. and B.Sc. degrees. In the 2012/2013 academic year, the university admitted its first set of M.A., M.Sc., and Ph.D. students.
The Federal Government of Nigeria granted an operating licence to the Redeemer’s University on 7 January 2005.
The university began at a temporary site in the Redemption Camp on 11 October 2005 with 478 students admitted into three colleges.
473 students matriculated into the colleges to pursue Bachelor Degrees in various programmes on 1 February 2006.
The university has produced 5 sets of graduates.
It enrolls 2,351 students in total, as of 1 December 2013; 997 male and 1,354 female.
As of the 2013/2014 academic year, the university has three colleges – the College of Natural Science, the College of Management Science, and the College of Humanities. There are a total of 26 academic programs. It is envisaged that an engineering college will soon be added.
Its Vice Chancellor is ‘Debo Adeyewa, a pastor in the RCCG and a professor of meteorology from Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. Many distinguished Nigerian academics have taught at the university. Among them are the following professors:
- Oyewale Tomori, immediate past vice chancellor, former World Health Organisation executive for Sub-Saharan Africa; Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Science
- Jide Osuntokun, Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Letter; former Nigerian Ambassador to former West Germany; and pro-chancellor and chairman, governing council Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Olu Obafemi, Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Letter
- Funsho Akere, Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Letter; former Vice Chancellor, Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State; and pro-chancellor and chairman, governing council Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa
- E.B. Kolawole, former Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State
- Ahmed Parker Yerima, former Director-General of the Nigeria National Theatre, National Troupe, and the Abuja Carnival; and 2006 winner of the NLNG prize for Literature
- Ayo Akinwale
The university’s BOJA Arts Theatre is named in honour of Bunmi Oyeyemi Julius-Adeoye,one of Nigeria’s popular female playwrights of the twenty-first century who started the Theatre Arts Department of the university and acted as its pioneer head of department (2005–2007).
In 2013, the university won a World Bank Grant to fund the establishment of the African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID). To win the grant, Redeemer’s University emerged the best rated university among 15 prestigious universities selected from West and Central Africa.
Redeemer’s University enforces modest and corporate dressing amongst its students, via a dress code.