Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) admission list for the 2021/2022 session has been released. Candidates who applied for admission in the university and participated in the OOU Post UTME screening exercise can proceed to check their admission status. See how to check your admission status below. Candidates should note that the first batch admission list has been released.
This is to inform all aspirants of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) that the management of the institution has released the list of candidates offered admission into the institution for the 2021/2022 session.
The admission lists have been uploaded online and candidates can follow the procedure below to check their admission status. Candidates who participated in the screening exercise are to proceed to check their admission status.
Also See: How to Check OOU Post UTME Result
How to Check OOU Admission List
- Visit the OOU admission status checking portal at https://www.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/admission/login.php
- Click on “Check Admission Status”.
- Supply your JAMB Registration Number and Password in the space provided
- Click on the “login” button to access your admission status
How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Visit https://jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- Scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Then, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your admission status.
For those that their status is showing “Admission Still in Progress” or “Not Admitted”, you are advised to keep checking as the status may change anytime soon.
After Admission, What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that OOU is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay OOU’s acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else. Recommended: How to Pay OOU Acceptance Fee
- The next information you need to find out is OOU school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to OOU’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with OOU’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in OOU. Also See: OOU Academic Calendar
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Congratulations on your admission. All the best!