OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Admission Form has been released for the 2018/2019 academic session. Interested students should see the requirements and method of application below.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Medical Darkroom Technician Training Programme for 2018/2019 session at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife.
The objective is to produce Medical X-Ray Darkroom Personnel whose duties are restricted to the X-Ray Darkroom and these duties include processing the X-Ray films used by the Radiographers among other duties.
The Programme provides an advance course for the already existing Medical X-Ray Darkroom Personnel. Empowering them through training to carry out basic maintenance of auto-processor, accessories like cassettes, screen mounting appreciation and elimination of artifacts, management of waste products of processing solutions etc. On completion of training, a darkroom technician entry point is Grade Level 07 and can rise to Grade Level 13.
Recognition and Approval of the OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme
- Recognition and Approval of the OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme
- OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Duration and Entry Requirements
- How to Apply for the OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme
The Course is recognized and approved by the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria. The nomenclature for the graduate of the programme is Medical Darkroom Technician.
OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Duration and Entry Requirements
The programme lasts for three (3) Calendar years for Freshers and two (2) calendar years for Post Assistant candidates.
- Basic Qualifications for Freshers Applicant must have five (5) Credits, at not more than two (2) sittings in WAEC/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics and any two from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology plus any other subject.
- Professional Qualifications: Holder of Certificate in Medical Darkroom Practice of the Institute of Radiographers of Nigeria, (Darkroom Assistant Certificate) plus the requirements stated in (4) above shall be admitted for Two (2) years duration to complete the Medical Darkroom Technician Programme.
How to Apply for the OAUTHC Medical X-ray Darkroom Technician Training Programme
Application forms are obtainable from the Clinical Services and Training Department, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals’ Complex, Ile-Ife at a cost of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) payable through any Bank into the OAUTHC Treasury Single Account (TSA) by generating RRR number.
The Course fee is Fifty Thousand (#50,000.00) naira only.
The Course is non-Residential.
Candidates still awaiting their O Level results can apply but the results must be available on the day of the interview.
TEST AND SELECTION INTERVIEW:
Selection for admission will be based on candidate’s performance at a competitive Written Test and Oral Interview to be conducted on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th August, 2019 at MRI Suit, Radiology Department, O.A.U.T.H.C, Ile-Ife at 10.00am. Candidates are to bring their original certificates to the Examination Centre.
Completed application forms duly endorsed by sponsors, together with photocopies of relevant credentials should be returned to the office where the forms are obtained on or before 30th July, 2019. Applicant should write his/her functional GSM Phone Number on the application form. Late collection and submission of form shall attract a fine of N2,000.00 only.