NYSC Prospective Corps Members With Error Issues Should Take Note Of This Information. The NYSC management wishes to inform prospective Corps members who have errors on their details to contact their schools for corrections.
For those who are not able to see their names online, the following factors may be responsible;-
1. If your school is yet to upload, you can not see your name
2. If you search your name with matriculation number or surname different with the one uploaded by your school.
3. If you don’t have a valid JAMB Number.
4. If your JAMB Number is regularized and you fail to validate it on JAMB’s database.
5. If the name you are using in school is different from the name you used when registering JAMB.
If you are affected with any of the above, please contact your school for rectification.
Also Read: NYSC Senate Approved List For All Institutions – How To Check Your Status
About the NYSC Scheme
The NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The unfortunate antecedents in our national history gave impetus to the establishment of the National Youth Service Corps by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973 which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”.
As a developing country. Nigeria is further plagued by the problems attendant upon a condition of under development, namely; poverty. mass illiteracy, acute shortage of high skilled manpower (coupled with most uneven distribution of the skilled people that are available), woefully inadequate socioeconomic infrastructural facilities, housing. Water and sewage facilities, road, healthcare services, and effective communication system.
Also Read: All You Need To Know About The NYSC Service Year