Nigerian Scholars » School News » NYSC Online Registration: How to Correct Mistakes Made During Registra...

NYSC Online Registration: How to Correct Mistakes Made During Registration

The management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has announced the NYSC Online Registration. In fact, the online registration is ongoing for prospective corps members that have graduated from Universities and Mono/ Polytechnics both at home and abroad.

NYSC Online Registration: How to Correct Mistakes Made During Registration

However, some PCMs have been experiencing issues regarding correcting their mistakes made when filling in the data during the registration. This is inform such PCMs of the steps to take to correct their errors.

How to Correct Mistakes Made During NYSC Online Registration

How to Correct Date of Birth

According to NYSC, henceforth, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) is now being used to effect changes on the NYSC portal The new procedure is as follows:

  1. Login to your dashboard and click on the link to Date of Birth
  2. Enter WAEC Verification PIN, select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number
  3. Click on Verify button
  4. Click SUBMIT or CANCEL

How to Correct Course of Study

The Following are the Procedures for Correction Of Course Of Study On The NYSC Platform.

  1. Login to your dashboard and click on the link for Correction of Course of Study;
  2. Select Course of Study; and
  3. Click SUBMIT

How to Change Wrong Passports

According to NYSC, PCMs who have mistakenly uploaded wrong passport photographs during Online Registration are to send their Call-up Numbers and Names to NYSC official facebook message box,, also scan a written application for dropping of passport photograph and send to, so that it can be dropped, and you will be enabled to re-upload.

PCMs with wrong thumbprint and passport photographs can also contact NYSC States Secretariat before the commencement of the Orientation Exercise.

How to Correct Names

You are to login to your dashboard and request for correction of spelling mistakes and rearrangement of your names.

However, those who need addition or removal of names will have to go back to their institutions of graduation, who will in turn formally communicate such request to the NYSC.

Note that Addition or Removal of names will not be attended to, until your Institution follow the lay down procedure.

This is necessary to ensure that your Certificate of  National Service do not bear a wrongly spelt name.

How to Correct Sex or State of Origin

According to NYSC, you can lodge a complaint or apply for correction at the ICT unit when you get to the NYSC orientation camp.

Sharing is caring!

Share Tweet Email WhatsApp

Want to be notified anytime there's a new post? Subscribe here to get the latest updates delivered to your email address by Google Feedburner.

See More Under:


  • Adeyanju Ademola Patrick

    i made second class upper in my school result, but when I was doing my registration for my NYSC i noticed second class lower, pls how do i correct the error?

  • Theresa Chimuanya Nweke

    Dear admin please there was a mistake in my graduation date is there any way to change it.

  • How long does the correction of name take?

  • Tolulope

    Please, the correction of name will take effect after how many days. Thank you


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!