Northwest University Post-UTME and Direct Entry admission screening for the 2022/2023 session have been announced – See details below.
This is to inform candidates who have chosen the Northwest University, Kano (NWU) (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano) as First Choice in the 2022/2023 application for admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are invited to register ONLINE for and attend a SCREENING Exercise scheduled as follows:
Required Cut-off Mark
Eligibility Criteria for Northwest University Post-UTME
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening.
- Chosen the Yusuf Maitama sule university as first choice
Obtain a minimum of 5 O’level credits including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or equivalent) in not more than two sittings for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates
Scored a minimum Cut off Mark as applied below;
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 240
- Medicine and Surgery
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 190
- Computer Science
- Information and Communication Technology
- International studies
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 180
- Industrial chemistry
- Business Administration
- B.ed Biology
- B.ed Chemistry
- B.ed English language
- Cyber security
- Software Engineering
- Islamic studies
- History and international studies
- B.ed Islamic studies
- Library and information Science Education
COURSES WITH CUT OFF MARK OF 170
- Arabic studies
- B.ed Arabic studies
- B.ed Economics
- B.ed Geography
- B.ed History
- B.ed Mathematics
- B.ed Physics
- English language
- Entrepreneurial studies
- Building Technology
- Early childhood Education
- B.ed Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Guidance and Counselling
- Industrial Mathematics
Direct Entry Candidates:
a. Must have possessed 2022 Direct Entry (D.E) online Registration Slip.
b. Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result
c. Candidates with ND must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programmes and 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
d. D.E. Candidates with N.C.E must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes In the Faculty Education.
e. D.E. Candidates with UMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 26th August, 2020, while th
Method of Application
1. Candidates wishing to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening should visit the University WEBSITE (www.yumsuk.edu.ng) and click on 2022 ADMISSION PORTAL”.
2. Candidates should then generate REMITA Payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment for sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges
3. Candidates should return to the Portal to complete the registration and print Acknowledgment Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or Direct Entry Screening.
Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano, formerly Northwest University Kano is a Kano State Government-owned university with a temporary campus located at the center of the city of Kano and a main campus located along Gwarzo Road. It is one of the universities established in Nigeria in 2012 which are overseen and accredited by the NUC National Universities Commission.
The Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano was established in 2012 by the administration of Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by way of promoting and enhancing the country’s-old prominence of the North-West as both cynosure and pacesetter in the fields of learning and scholarship not only in West Africa, but throughout the continent and beyond.