Northwest University Post-UTME and Direct Entry admission screening for the 2020/2021 session have been announced – See details below.
This is to inform candidates who have chosen the Northwest University, Kano (NWU) (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano) as First Choice in the 2020/2021 application for admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are invited to register ONLINE for and attend a SCREENING Exercise scheduled as follows:
Required Cut-off Mark
Eligibility Criteria for Northwest University Post-UTME
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening.
- Candidates must have chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano (formerly, Northwest University, Kano) as first choice.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
- Must have scored the minimum Cut-off Mark for the programme applied as stated below:
UTME CUT-OFF MARKS
220 and above
180 and above
170 and above
4. Must have registered In the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano 2020/2021 Admissions Screen PORTAL
5. Candidates without O’Level results can choose the Awaiting Results (A.R) option against the subjects that for or Intended to sit for.
6. When the O’Level result is available, candidates are expected to upload their results on the JAMB PORTAL and UNIVERSITY PORTAL
7. Must have possessed JAMB 2020 UTME Result Slip.
Direct Entry Candidates:
a. Must have possessed 2020 Direct Entry (D.E) online Registration Slip.
b. Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result
c. Candidates with ND must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programmes and 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
d. D.E. Candidates with N.C.E must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes In the Faculty Education.
e. D.E. Candidates with UMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes.
Screening Dates for NWU Post UTME and Direct Entry
Candidates who have chosen YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO as First Choice and fully Registered with the University Portal for the 2020/2021 Admissions Exercise are invited to ATTEND SCREENING EXERCISE scheduled as follows:-
DAY 1: MONDAY, 12TH APRIL 2021
DAY 2: TUESDAY 13TH APRIL, 2021
TIME: 8:00 AM MORINING SESSION AND 12:00 NOON AFTERNOON SESSION
VENUE: YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS, MUHAMMADU BUHARI WAY(KOFAR KABUGA) KOFAR RUWA ROADI, KANO.
DIRECT ENTRY (D.E.) SCREENING
WEDNESDAY 14TH APRIL 2021 TIME: 8:00 AM
VENUE 1: CITY CAMPUS, IGIDAN ADO BAYEROI, K/NASSARAWA, KANO
FACULTIES: EDUCATION, HUMANITIES, SCIENCE AND SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
VENUE 2 MAIN CAMPUS, FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES (FOR BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES AND MBBS).
Method of Application
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 26th August, 2020, while the closing date is Wednesday, 7th October, 2020 at midnight.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
- Date of the Screening Exercise for both UTME and D.E would be communicated later.
- Candidates would be requested to come along with the original and photocopies of their credentials as well the Acknowledgement Slip for the Screening Exercise on the announced date.
- ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
- Comprehensive list of admitted candidates would be uploaded on the University Portal where Candidates can access with their Login Credentials.
Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano, formerly Northwest University Kano is a Kano State Government-owned university with a temporary campus located at the center of the city of Kano and a main campus located along Gwarzo Road. It is one of the universities established in Nigeria in 2012 which are overseen and accredited by the NUC National Universities Commission.
The Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano was established in 2012 by the administration of Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso by way of promoting and enhancing the country’s-old prominence of the North-West as both cynosure and pacesetter in the fields of learning and scholarship not only in West Africa, but throughout the continent and beyond.