Applications are invited for the Nigeria LNG Prize for science. The prize is worth USD100,000 in award money.
The Nigeria Prize for Science celebrates excellence in scientific breakthroughs and honours scientists from anywhere in the world, who help find solutions to a local or ‘Nigerian’ problem, as defined and advertised by the Advisory Board for the prize.
Entries are invited from scientists and innovators worldwide for advancing scientific solutions to a prescribed problem as captured by the theme for the year, Innovation For Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy.
This annual prize for science was instituted in 2004 by Nigeria LNG to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by scientists and innovators in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria.
30th April 2023
The theme for the 2023 competition is: Innovation for Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy.
Themes for which the Prize has been recently awarded include Innovations in Malaria Control (2017);Innovations in Energy for Stable Power Supply (2018); Climate Change: Erosion, Drought and Desertification (2019) and Innovations in Sustainable Food Security (2022).
- Cure or protocols for effective management of specific/particular health challenges.
- Technologies/Protocols for effective management of healthcare therapy.
- Processes for managing major outbreaks/pandemics.
The award is open to scientists and innovators worldwide (Nigerians and non-Nigerians) involved in the application of science to proffer innovations for enhancement of healthcare therapy.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- Nigeria LNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative technology for enhancement of healthcare therapy.
- The submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
All materials in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
How to Apply NLNG Prize for Science:
- All applicants must complete and submit their entries online via www.thenigeriaprizes.org
- As the intention is to recognize the most relevant and effective solution to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.