National Examination Council (NECO) November/December GCE registration for 2018 has commenced – See details below.
- National Examination Council (NECO) November/December GCE registration for 2018 has commenced – See details below.
- NECO GCE General Information
- How to Apply for the 2018 NECO GCE
- About NECO
NECO GCE application form for 2018 is now available as has been announced by the exam body. The price, subjects, registration details and every other things you need to have a hitch-free registration have been specified in this article.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2018 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates and is inviting suitable candidates to register.
Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
NECO has a vision which is “preparing and administering standard and credible nationally and internationally acceptable examinations, which can enable the Nigerian child further his education without let or hindrance”. In a more specific term, NECO envisions a status of leadership similar to that of quality and curriculum authority of Britain and testing services (ETS) of America
In view of the fact that the examination council wishes to accomplish her mission, NECO has officially announced that the registration for the 2018 Nov/Dec GCE has commenced and all interested candidates intending to register for the 2018 November/December NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly on-line using the NECO registration website (see link below).
Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period. Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidates passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.
2018 November/December Senior School certificate Examination (SSCE) Registration for External Candidates
Recommended: 2018 NECO GCE Timetable
NECO GCE General Information
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
According to the National Examinations Council (NECO), to register, interested candidates should obtain a bank draft of Eleven Thousand Four Hundred Naira (₦11,400) Only, payable to the Registrar, National Examinations Council in any of the NECO State Offices nationwide or in cash in any designated Bank or NIPOST offices nationwide. The registration fee includes cost for Biometric Data Capture, an Examination Ethics CD and Administrative Charges.
How to Apply for the 2018 NECO GCE
Registration will as usual, be on-line using the NECO registration website www.mynecoexams.com Candidates are to note that:
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE REGISTRATION.
- THEIR FINGERPRINTS ARE CAPTURED CORRECTLY DURING REGISTRATION.
- THOSE WITH MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THE EXAMINATION.
Passport Photograph of candidates will also be required during on-line registration. The passport photograph should NOT be more than six months old and must be of white background.
The Registration Pin will be purchased online through the NECO website.
The NECO GCE Form Registration fee is Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira (N11,350) only, excluding Fifty Naira (N50) Stamp Duty. All payment should be into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) through the NECO website.
THE REGISTRATION FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USUAL SERVICE COST CHARGED FOR REGISTRATION BY THE ACCREDITED CYBER CAFES.
Registration period begins on Monday 16th July and ends on Tuesday 9th October, 2018 at 12.00 midnight.
Attestation Cards/Photo Album:
Each candidate is expected to download ONE (1) clear copy of the Attestation Card from the cyber cafe where he/she registers.
Please note that:
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO STAMP OR SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARDS IN NECO STATE OFFICES.A CLEAR COPY OF THE DOWLOADED ATTEST ATION/PHOTO CARD, DULY SIGNED AND STAMPED BY AN ELIGIBLE REFEREE SHOULD BE PRESENTED DURING THE EXAMINATION.
Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to inform the NECO State Officer of the State where they intend to write the Examination, immediately after they register. A copy of each blind candidate’s Attestation Card should be collected by the State Officer for further action.
Blind Candidates and Albinos:
Please note that the Albinos and Blind Candidates are to be given 30 minutes extra time across all papers.
Principal of schools that are to be used as centres for this Examination will as usual, be appointed as Coordinators. Please, liaise with them to ensure that they give the necessary support for the successful conduct of the Examination.
Complaints on Registration:
Please inform Candidates that complaints on registration will be treated on-line via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, the following NECO helpline GSM Nos. can also be contacted:
The National Examinations Council (also known as NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
NECO was created by former Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar in April 1999. It was the first Federal organization to offer subsidized registration to academic candidates in Nigeria. NECO was mandated to take over the responsibilities of the National Board of Education Measurement (NBEM). Its maiden examination took place in mid-2000.
Perhaps, the greatest achievement of NECO is that it has provided gainful employment for over a thousand Nigerians [and given hope to thousands more – candidates who had been able to keep their matriculation dates because of the timely release of their results by NECO].