Home » School News » What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

Sequel to the activation of JAMB CAPS admission status portal, questions have been coming from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” etc they see on their CAPS portal.

We would like to explain some few things concerning that.

Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school.

For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.

On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…..” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.

So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.

For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it.

Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profile, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

Recommended: How to Accept or Reject Your Admission on JAMB CAPS

About JAMB CAPS

The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.

Also See: About JAMB’s New Central Admission Processing System (CAPS)

• MY JAMB CAPS IS NOT SHOWING WEATHER ADMITTED OR NOT

• John Chibuike

I have been admitted on Jamb caps but not yet admitted on school portal for over a week now. What do I do because am confused

1. As long as you have accepted the admission on JAMB CAPS, you have been admitted. You might need to make a complaint in the school's admissions office perhaps when you go for clearance and registration.

2. Adelakun Samuel.

Not admitted by jamb, but my school have posted my name on admission list, what's the next line of action

3. Complain to your school, Samuel. They are supposed to submit your name to JAMB.

• Adeniyi Bunmi

Pls my caps is not showing my institution and course(DE)...And it was there when I did the screening

• I have been admitted on jamb caps but on school portal it was telling me not yet admitted

• I have been admitted on jamb caps but on portal it was telling me not yet admitted

1. As long as you have accepted the admission on JAMB CAPS, you have little to worry about.

• I saw proposed as my admission status and I saw accept button and I accepted it. Using another browser I saw admission in progress,check back later. What does this mean?

1. Is the admission list out on the school portal, and have you checked it there?

2. No,it's not on unilag' website and I'm for direct entry

3. No,it's not on unilag's website yet. I'm for direct entry

4. Well, if you have previously accepted the admission, it doesn't seem like you can lose it again. That's not something that happens. What could happen is if a candidate does not accept an admission offer within 72 hours, he or she loses the slot to someone else. If the admission list were already out on unilag's website, it would have been the easiest way to confirm the admission again.

• Gozie Emma

Please I scored 222 in jamb and 304 in school post utme but still my jamb caps is still showing not admitted

1. Gozie, your aggregate is high and good enough for most courses. But it depends on how competitive the course is. What course did you apply for?

• Abraham Adebayo David

Anytime i try to log in it will show me invalid credentials and me user Id and password are correct

• I applied for supplimentary course since September, though my initial course is still showing on jamb caps and says not admitted, why is that

• anytime i tried to login on jamb caps with my mail, it do show me invalid credentials sometimes incorrect email o password.
    pls help me out whats the problem?

• James Nummi

any time i tried to login on jamb caps they always show me invalid credentials.
    and sometimes it shows incorrect password o email
    pls help me out whats the problem

• Arogunmasa Omotoyosi

I've been admitted but the JAMB CAPS
    still shows no admission offer yet sir

1. You have to keep checking as often as possible because you have 72 hours to accept the admission on JAMB CAPS.

2. What happens after that 72 hours? will one still be able to check the caps ao not?

3. The slot is supposed to be made available for someone else. However, in a situation where you've paid the acceptance fee to the school, but haven't accepted the admission on JAMB CAPS, you admission might not be affected.

• Omowumi

Not yet given admission, and have uploaded my results

1. Is the school's admission list out?

2. All what it display was admission is not yet given

3. Do you know whether the admission list is out on the school portal or is it just on JAMB CAPS portal?

4. It is on the school portal,just release few days ago

5. Okay. Which of the portals is showing you the "admission is not yet given" message?

6. What should I do?most of my friends have been given admission

7. What are you seeing on the school portal? If you have not been admitted on the school portal, it means the school has probably not made a decision on your admission, which they may do if they plan to release another list of admitted students. It is the school that send the names to JAMB CAPS. If you got up to the cut-off, there will be a good chance of getting admission, and in that case, all you need to do is to be patient. Otherwise, you might need to apply for change of course if the school brings out a supplementary admission form. Sorry for the late response. All the best!

• Favour

A message was sent to me by jamb caps that I v been admitted to study at federal uni of agriculture d course is zoology but when I try to check they write no admission yet what s wrong

• Please l noticed a change in my chosen course more than one week now and my caps is still showing not admitted and have uploaded my o level result.

• I was offered admission in lasu.but jamb caps still says not admitted wat do I do please

1. Just be a little bit patient and keep checking. Also, you may need to make a complaint at the school's ICT department or Admissions Department. Because, it is important for you to accept your admission offer on JAMB CAPS.

• I've been admitted on Jamb caps since Sunday and I have accepted the admission but it's yet to reflect on the school portal.. What's happening?

1. Which school, Ruth?

2. I have already accepted my admission on jamb caps but my uniben kofa account is still showing submitted

• Blessing

Please I applied for Physics in UI and I met all the requirements and passed the cut off, but it is still showing NOT ADMITTED. I uploaded my Waec result again and it hasn't changed. I'm afraid, please what could be the problem? Please help me

• Grace Ukaegbu

My Jamb caps says,Admission in progress check back later and my school has release the Admission list and my name is In the school bacth but my status still says Admission in progress...I havne to accept the admission so I can Carry on with my RRR please what do I do??

• Yahaya Idris

my caps no inter the email is telling me wrong password