Home » School News » What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

Sequel to the activation of JAMB CAPS admission status portal, questions have been coming from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” etc they see on their CAPS portal.

We would like to explain some few things concerning that.

Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school.

For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.

On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…..” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.

So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.

For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it.

Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profile, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

Recommended: How to Accept or Reject Your Admission on JAMB CAPS

About JAMB CAPS

The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.

Also See: About JAMB’s New Central Admission Processing System (CAPS)

• Please sir I need urgent reply,futo first batch admission list came out my name did not come out ,after I decided to buy supplementary form so while I was wait ,I checked jamb caps I saw that I have been given admission so accepted it .meanwhile I checked futo website my name is not yet on the list,then there supplementary admission list came out my was also on the list please sir what should I do next.

1. Emmanuel, are you saying your name is on JAMB CAPS for one course and is on FUTO website for another course which you applied for through the supplementary form?

• Have been offer admission in lautech and the jamb portal said "Admission in Progress"

• Olasupo Folarin

pls,,i am an aspirant of federalpoly ede and i av been offered admission on jamb portal since last friday but the school is still showing me not admitted yet what should i do? am confused...

1. Just be a little patient. If it still doesn't change, you may need to go to the school to complain.

• Have been admitted by jamb caps buh upon checking my school portal, kwarapoly it's saying admission is still being processed...any idea pls

• Obinna Emeka

I have not been given admission but I have done all that have been required so what will I do

• Salisu Sadiq Muhammad

Sir my school does not release the second batch . and im not among on First batch list and jamb showing me "sorry! No addmission is given yet " pls what does it means . and i have score all what they need. İ applied fudma . microbiology

1. For now, you have to keep checking. JAMB gives about 72 hours for you to accept your admission after which you might lose the offer. So, you need check often.

• Temitope

I have been given admission on the school site but my admission status on caps is showing admission in progress what should I do

• Abah Gideon

i have being given admission on CAPS but my haven't given me yet, pls what step should i take next?

• Sandra

I'm an aspirant of UniAbuja,my starus is saying no admission yet. Merit list is out

• Pius Shedrack

I have been offered admission in my school of choice but up till now caps is showing me not admitted

• Nammie

My university portal is always showing admission in progress when I check my admission status but when I check Jamb Caps, I would see not admitted. What does it mean?

• Mine is showing admission,in progress. What are my chances

• Celine

Have been admitted on merit list in my school of choice since August, my jamb caps was initially "admission in progress" then it changed back to "not admitted"... But my name is on the school list of admission... What does it mean?

1. Celine, if your name is on the school list, then you have little to worry about. It should be updated on the JAMB portal in due course.

2. i was admitted on the merit list of my school
      .....Nd jamb released admission to first choice candidates..... but am yet to receive mine.... wat should I do

• Jennifer

Please I was offered admission in caps but I didn't get any admission in my school admission portal
    Is writing no admission offered yet
    Please what's my stand now

1. Which school, Jennifer?

• Opeyemi

My status has been saying "not admitted" nd some of my friends status is saying "no admission yet" nd we choosed the same school which is UI, pls wat can I do?

• Oladunni

I accepted my admission on jamb CAPS 4 days ago,but my admission status still shows
    "sorry no admission z given yet"pls am confused and scared..

1. Oladunni, what course and school? First time hearing about this kind of situation.

• Please my caps is still showing not admitted meanwhile others from my department have been seeing theirs

1. Hi...pls which skul is dat coz am having same challenge

2. Pls am just cumin bak from cyber cafe n it shows "not admitted"..wot does it mean?.

3. Is yours ABU? If it is, according to reports, the names were just recently uploaded on JAMB CAPS. So, you might need to keep tracking it. Hopefully, something positive will come out soon.

4. Pls is there any ABU aspirants here..I want to know pls

• Adeola

Wat if it says no admission is given yet?

1. Adeola, it means you have to be patient and keep checking the JAMB portal and tracking your admission.

• Leemahpearl

Please am an aspirant of unilorin.
    My caps has been displaying admission in progress since 4days ago pls hope all is well

1. Hopefully, all is well.

• I have been admitted in my school of choice but my jamb caps is still showing not admitted

1. It should reflect on JAMB CAPS soon.

2. Abdulganiyu Rukayaf