Home » School News » What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

Sequel to the activation of JAMB CAPS admission status portal, questions have been coming from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” etc they see on their CAPS portal.

We would like to explain some few things concerning that.

Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school.

For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.

On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…..” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.

So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.

For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it.

Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profile, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

Recommended: How to Accept or Reject Your Admission on JAMB CAPS

About JAMB CAPS

The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.

Also See: About JAMB’s New Central Admission Processing System (CAPS)

1 2 3 4 6 7
  • please i checked jamb caps and the wrote admission in progress for a different course, i also checked the school portal and they wrote admission in progress for another course, sir please which course is effective

1. Can't say for sure which is effective until you're offered admission. But, the one on JAMB CAPS seems more likely, since the names are submitted to JAMB by the school and JAMB is somewhat less likely to make errors (they have more staff for the purpose of updating admission offers). What course did you originally apply for and which school are we talking about?

• please sir i checked the jamb caps and it reads admission on progress for a different course while the school portal reads admission on progress for another course..what does that mean?

• Oh i dnt really know wat to do now...... My name was among the uniport urgent news to upload waec result on or before Wednesday 10th October i uploaded my own on Wednesday after d second List was released today is 12 and my jamb caps is still showing not admitted pls what should i do m so scared and confused

• Mine showed Admission In Progress... Does it mean I will be Admitted? My heart beats o...Please Anyone with an Idea Kindly Chat Me up on WhatsApp 07012496208

• Damilola

Morning sir,I uploaded my o'level results while registering for DE and also for post UTME registration.do I need to upload again on jamb CAPs?

• hello i was offered admission in oou and ave paid all d fees and my status is showin not admitted

1. Don't worry, it should reflect in due course. However, you can also politely ask someone at the OOU admissions office to hear what they have to say. All the best!

• How can I know if my o olevel result is successful uploaded?

1. Did you go to an accredited JAMB centre to do the upload?

• Austine

If jamb give u admission, will my name still come out from the school list admission?

1. If no mistakes are made, you name should come out in the school list or on the school website.

• Abubakar Abdullahi

have kasu release there addmission

• I uploaded my waec result 2 days ago and my admission status is still showing not admitted (UI )

• Ekaiko

What the meaning of admission not yet offered.?

• Horianiyi Debbie

What does it means when i check my jamb caps nd it writes 'admission is nt given yet'

• if CAPS have given you admission is there any need for you to buy supplementary if the form is out and your school is yet to release another list

1. If you have confirmed and accepted your admission on JAMB CAPS, there's no need for any further insurance, because your school has already admitted you even if they are yet to officially release the list. They are the ones that submit names to JAMB.

• Joseph Ehinomen

I accepted my admission on CAPS but when I checked my admission status..the message I got was sorry no admission yet. What could be the cause?

1. It could be that your school is yet to send all the names to JAMB, or no names have been sent at all. What school did you apply for?

• Is it possible to be admiited in your Jamb caps and your name won't appear on the school list??

• Aweh Johnson

pls my caps is not displaying any thing. what must I do?

• Solomon

my caps shows congratulations but our list is not out yet does it mean I will be admitted

1. Yes, you have been admitted.

• pls hw are we going to upload d result to jamb cap?

• Adedoja

Thanks sir! But after accepting the jamb cap admission please what is the next thing to do

1. If the admission list has also been released by the school, it means fresh students can start paying acceptance fees, which is the next thing to do.

• Cynthia

Good day sir, pls i applied for unizik and their list is not yet out but I checked jamb caps and it wrote not admitted, pls what is the meaning of it??

1. Cynthia, it means you are yet to be admitted. Be patient, and keep checking. If it writes ADMITTED, then it means you have been given the admission. Besides, we are yet to see UNIZIK's admission list, so there's still hope.

1 2 3 4 6 7