Home » School News » What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

What You Must Know When Checking JAMB CAPS Admission Status

Sequel to the activation of JAMB CAPS admission status portal, questions have been coming from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” etc they see on their CAPS portal.

We would like to explain some few things concerning that.

Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school.

For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.

On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…..” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.

So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.

For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it.

Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profile, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

Recommended: How to Accept or Reject Your Admission on JAMB CAPS

About JAMB CAPS

The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.

Also See: About JAMB’s New Central Admission Processing System (CAPS)

1 2 3 6 7
  • Favour

Hy,I've been admitted on caps haven't seen my name on my school's admission list yet even though it is out.
    What do I do?..
    Will I see it?

1. Favour, you should see your name on the school's admission list, as well. Although, you're not the one experiencing this. Which school did you apply for admission into?

• Yusuf Jr

Please is it possible for jamb to give u admission and school will not give u admission
    Or school to give u admission and jamb won't

1. It is possible but usually, after some time, the discrepancies are usually resolved so that both JAMB and the school reflect the person's admission.

• Ajumobi Josephine

My younger has been given admission in lasu but her jamb caps still shows not admitted

1. It should reflect with time.

• Busola Adesumbo

Pls what does it mean to show admission in progress over a week now unilag

1. Busola, it means nobody has been admitted into UNILAG yet. Besides, even UNILAG has not released their admission list yet.

• Olatunji Mary

I applied for eksu and I checked my jamb cap admission status but it showed not admitted. Some people say they have seen thiers. What can I do

• Pls wat does it means when it shows admission not offered yet?

1. Rachy, it means you should be patient and keep checking. Either, your school is yet to send the names to JAMB or you have not been given admission. If your school has released their admission list perhaps on the school website, you can also check there to confirm your admission status. All the best!

• Jerimaih

I chose unilag and I checked the caps stuff now it is showing not admitted and I passed the cutoff, please what do I do I'm confused

1. Just be patient and keep checking the JAMB CAPS portal. UNILAG should also release their official admission list soon.

• Richie

I did not do change of course or institution but my name could not be found on my school platform from jamb

1. Which school and how did you know your name could not be found on the school platform?

• I av been admitted on jamb caps but shoeing submitted on uniben kofa,,,,,any hope for admission by the school

• I was considered for admission in the market place but my school is yet to release its list, do I still stand a chance to be admitted in my school?

1. Yes, you stand a chance. Just be patient. Let's see how it goes.

• Okhuorosiomwan Favour

Good evening sir i have been given admission in jamb caps and it shows not admitted and my school second batch is out please sir what is the problem

1. Favour, how do you know you were given admission when it shows "NOT ADMITTED"?

• Pls mine is showing recommended and I applied for uniport and there list is not yet out. Any hope for me?

1. Peace, be patient. RECOMMENDED means you are still being considered. Besides, UNIPORT is also yet to release any list.

• Tochukwu

my name appeared on unn merit list for admission
    but when I went to caps it says "not admitted"
    at first it seemed like this was a general problem but now I hear some people have accepted admission
    what could be the issue here?

1. For now, it is recommended that you be patient. It's possible that JAMB is yet to upload all the names sent to them by UNN. However, if you have someone in UNN or are currently close to the school, you can complain to the school's ICT department.

• Osayame Victor

Hi
    I accepted jamb admission on caps page but my uniben kofa page is still showing submitted.
    What does that mean??

1. It means you should be a little bit patient and the update will reflect.

• I was admitted on UNN merit list, at first my jamb Caps was saying admission in progress check back later. But after two days it was saying not admitted though this was a general problem to all the admitted students. But currently, others are saying that they have accepted their admissions on the caps, but mine is still displaying not admitted.
    pls help. I'm frustrated right now.

1. The best thing you can do for now is to just be patient. It's a general issue.

• Ameachi Vera

pls in my jamb caps in the market place its showing that some institution are considering me for admission wat does it mean

1. It means if you are interested, you can accept the admission if offered or choose to reject it.

• Jennifer Alex

Pls i made a mistake while uploading my result on my uniben kofa page was supposed to use 2sitting but 1 was only used without my core subject do u think I'll penalised during clearance if i gain admission

1. Don't think you'll be penalized. As long as you go with the correct results for your clearance, the issue should be rectified.

• pls am really confused I accepted my admission on caps but my jamb status is still show not admitted... what can I do

1. How long has it been since you accepted the admission?

• Boluwatife

Good day administratives. I saw all you wrote concerning the caps issue. And am clear with it. But i want to ask that is it compulsory for me to write post-utme exam, for all institutions i chosed, when registering or only the 1st choice..?

1. Boluwatife, if your question is well understood, any school that conducts Post-UTME makes it compulsory.

• my school list is actually not yet out but already with jamb. and applicants from my school have started receiving and accepting admission, not evribody yet anyway. when i check it keeps on showing ''NOT ADMITTED'', want to ask whether i was not given admission at all, or i have not been given yet and should keep on checking.thanks. FUTMINNA is the school.

1 2 3 6 7