Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, MOUAU resumption date has been announced. See details below.
This is to inform Staff, Students, and the General Public that the Senate of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike at its 172nd ( Emergency) Meeting held on Monday 25th January 2021 has approved the resumption of the University’s academic activities for the remaining part of 2019/2020 Session as follows:
- Resumption Date: Friday, January 29th, 2021
- Lectures Start: Monday, February 1st, 2021
The University Management will ensure strict adherence to COVID 19 Protocols for the safety of both staff and students of the University. Consequently, upon that, students are to note the following:
- Students are to Download and Fill the MOUAU UNDERTAKING COVID-19 GUIDELINES from the MOUAU Website, and Submit the Filled form in their respective Colleges. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR THE UNDERTAKEN.
- Students are to Carefully Read and Comply with the MOUAU GUIDELINES FOR SAFE RETURNING OF STUDENTS TO CAMPUS. CLICK ON THE LINK FOR THE GUIDELINES.
See Also: MOUAU Academic Calendar
MOUAU Resumption Protocols
It is all our responsibility to help keep our University as safe and healthy as possible. Therefore, in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, each returning student is expected to read the guidelines below and fill the form that can be downloaded from the link provided.
On resumption, every student is expected to:
- Constantly visit the MOUAU Website and Portal to receive information about academic activities and well-being.
- Ensure physical distancing by avoiding all forms of crowding in and around the campus.
- Avoid squatting of students in the hostels to ensure physical distancing.
- Put on a face mask at all times within and outside the University campus. In this regard, each student is to bring at least five (5) sets of washable fabric face masks. Students who can afford medical/surgical face masks are free to come with them.
- Practice good personal hygiene by washing hands as often as possible as well as possessing hand sanitisers for frequent use.
- Come back with an android phone, tablet, or laptop for virtual learning.
- Immediately notify the Medical Centre or the Covid-19 Taskforce if he/she exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat, fever, chills, muscle or body aches, loss of sense of smell or taste, fatigue, headache, shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, runny nose, nausea, and vomiting.
- Comply with the requirements of the health authorities, including testing if necessary.
- Carry I.D. card all the time for easy identification.
- Discourage visitors to the hostels until further notice.
- Ensure compliance with COVID-19 prevention protocols in their residences (off-campus) and while on campus.
- Resume with some quantity of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and zinc for preventive purposes.
- Have treated malaria before resumption.
- Download and sign an undertaking to abide by these guidelines. Download from this link. Two copies of the completed form should be endorsed by the Head of Department who retains a copy after endorsement.
- In case of emergency, contact the following number: 08165445387
COVID-19 IS REAL! HELP TO KEEP MOUAU SAFE!
Mrs. Jacinta N. Ogwo-Agu