Nigerian Scholars » School News » List of Courses Offered at University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)

List of Courses Offered at University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)

The list of courses offered by University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) are displayed on this page. Candidates who wish to apply through JAMB should click on any of the courses to see the course requirements.

UNILORIN Post UTME - All You Need to Know

About University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)

University of Ilorin, also known as UNILORIN, is a federal government university located in Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. It was established by a decree of the Federal Military Government in 1975, and is a federal government owned tertiary institution of education located in the Ilorin-South Local Government Area of Kwara State Nigeria. The ancient city of Ilorin, capital of Kwara State, is about 300 km from Lagos and 500 km from Abuja, the country’s administrative capital. The institution’s land mass is among the largest in Nigeria covering approximately 5000 hectares.

The Main Campus currently houses the Faculties of Science, Communication and Information Sciences(CIS), Engineering & Technology, Agriculture, Education, Law, Arts, Business and Social Sciences, (following the completion of the new seven-storey Senate Complex), the Unilorin Sugar Research Institute, Postgraduate School, the Main University Library, Computer Services and Information Technology (COMSIT), Works Yard, Conference Centre, Unilorin Resources Development and Management Board (URDMB), Student Canteens, the newly completed 2,000 seat multipurpose Auditorium and the Alumni/ Endowment Office.

The Mini-Campus presently houses the College of Health Sciences, a mini Library, Canteens and Shopping Complex, the Institute of Education, some of the Revenue-yielding projects which are under the URDMB such as the Unilorin Computer Centre (Training Wing), Unilorin Bookshop, the Bakery, the Printing Press, and the Guest Houses. Each Campus has a Health Centre, a Post Office, and Banking facilities.

From three faculties in 1976, today there are fifteen faculties: Arts (1976), Education (1976), Engineering & Technology (1978), Agriculture (1982), Law (1993, after an initial start-up in 1983), Basic Medical Sciences (2004), Clinical Sciences (2004) Communication and Information Sciences (2008), Veterinary Medicine (2009), Pharmaceutical Science (2010), and Life Science; Physical Science; Environmental Science; Management Sciences; and Social Sciences in (2013).

Altogether, there are over 60 academic departments in the existing ten faculties. Undergraduate degree programmes run for 3,4,5, or 6 years, depending on entry qualifications and discipline. The University started with the traditional British “Three Term System” but later changed into a modified form of the American “Two Semester System” called Harmattan and Rain semesters with effect from 1979/80 session.

UNILORIN Courses By Faculty

Political Science
Psychology
Social Works
Sociology

VETERINARY MEDICINE

Veterinary Medicine

List of Courses Offered at University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)

Here is a list of courses offered by University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) and all candidates interested in studying at the institution are encouraged to take note:

Recommended:

1 2 3 7 8
  • Mayowa

Comments (required) please sir can i study mass communication i have 190 in my jamb or should i switch to psychology?

• Ola Hope

Comments (required)pls sir I score 199 in my jamb and I chose anatomy pls can I change too industrial chemistry but I did english,physics,chemistry and biology in my jamb or which any other subject can I do

• Comments (required) I have completed my n.c.e program but I didn't use jamb to secured admission. please can I obtain D.E form and there won't be any problem or I should sit for jamb. thanks.

• Abe Elsepect

Good Evening Sir,I came out wif upper credit in Banking n finance @ mai ND.Cn I do DE in political Science nd Sociology??

• Olaide

Comments (required) i don't know which to choose between the two(pure economics and education & economics),this is so because am concerned about tommorow,i mean which that has a higher chances of getting a job between the two,you know nigeria today,one has to study a course where there is higher demand of skilled labour in that field.althoug,the two is good,but please advice me.

1. Olaide, I advice you to go for Pure Economics.

2. Olaide

Comments (required) thanks a lot,am so grateful,am totally relieved now,may the Lord be with you always.thanks once again

• Haastrup

Pls i study bus admin in my ND and HND, I want do my BSC now how can i apply and which level i should apply for cos i gradute with upper credit pls help me out thanks

1. You will have to apply for Direct Entry which will allow you to enter 200 Level. You will need to purchase the JAMB DE form when it comes out.

• Olaide

Comments (required)oh! Thanks so much,am a bit relieved,but it's like i have found myself in a dilemma now.

1. Olaide, what dilemma is that, if I may ask?

• Olaide

Comments (required) please,i have studied economics at the NCE level,if am to apply in unilorin for my direct entry as i wish,which one is best for me to apply for between ordinary/pure economics and education&economics in which i have higher chances of being offered admission since am from a college of education

1. Education & Economics is better with higher chances since that is your area of specialization (in education). But if you wish to still pursue other endeavors outside of teaching or lecturing, then Pure Economics would be better.

• Adeola

Comments (required)please I need information about Direct entry for BSc. Nursing

1. Adeola, do you have a diploma from a Nigerian polytechnic.

• Comments (required) pls sir,is there public administration in unilorin??

1. No, Bisi. It's not on JAMB's List of approved courses for UNILORIN.

• Igewe Mercy

Comments (required)please sir I would like to know if one can gain admission to unilorin with NABTEB 'O level result for Microbiology course.Thank you

1. Mercy, as long as you have the required subjects (those you will write in JAMB) and at least 5 credits, you are good to go.

• Comments (required) Please sir am about to write waec can I study law and international relations at unilorin?

1. Yes you can, Angel.

• Toheeb Ballo

can i study building engineering in unilorin and also whats is their cut of mark for performing art.am frm oyo

1. Toheeb, the course is Civil Engineering and cut-off mark for Performing Arts in JAMB is 180. You can also post utme aggregate cut-off marks for all courses here.

• Abdulrahman

I had UPPER CREDIT in Estate Management in both my ND and HND, I Wish to know what other courses can I Switch to in UNILORIN.

1. Rahman, you can take the same course or any other one listed under Eng/Tech/Env in the list of courses above.

• Akinwale Qudus

Good morning sir,am abt to finish nce(bizz edu) by may & want to go 4 accounting @ ur sch. Shld i go 4 jamb or d.e

1. Qudus, you can go for DE but you must have completed you NCE programme before the screening for your admission to be processed.

• pls..can i study performing art with two sittings..

1. Razak, it has to be two different O'level results e.g WAEC and NECO. You can't use two WAEC results from two different sittings or years.

• Mariam

sir can I study international relation or tourism in ur skul

1. Mariam, what UNILORIN offers is International Affairs and Diplomacy.

• Sikiru Wasiu Okikiola

salamu alekun can banking and finance study in unilori

1. Wasiu, yes but it's called Finance in UNILORIN.

• Mojisola

Hello sir, pls is computer engineering offer in university of Ilorin, and can I combine two o level results.

1. Mojisola, Computer Engineering is not offered at UNILORIN, only Computer Science. But you can combine two different O'level results.

2. Mojisola

3. You're most welcome, Mojisola.

• Adeshina Lukman Ajose

Comments (required)salamualakun sir.pls sir to study Islam study

1. Have you registered for JAMB yet?

2. Oduntan Adebimpe

can i study nursing science as well and slt together

3. Adebimpe, there are some courses that can be combined but Nursing is not one of them.

1 2 3 7 8