The list of courses offered by Sokoto State University (SSU) are displayed on this page. Candidates who wish to apply through JAMB should click on any of the courses to see the course requirements.
About Sokoto State University (SSU)
Sokoto State University (SSU) is located in Sokoto, Sokoto State in Nigeria. It was established in 2009. Arising from the insatiable quest of the people of the State for education and excellence, the idea of establishing the Sokoto State University was conceived, articulated and executed by the then Sokoto State Governor Aliyu Wamakko when he established the Sokoto State University Implementation Committee in 2008. The Committee was charged with the responsibility of:
- Planning for the structure and facilities for the effective running of the University,
- Seeking for and obtaining approval from the Federal Government for Sokoto State to run its’ own University aside, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, which is Federal and in which the indigenes of the State were marginally placed over the years arising from the Federal Character Principle; and
- Establishing the Sokoto State University School of Developmental Studies with the sole aim of preparing students, a one-year pre-degree programme before enrolling into the university.
The approval was granted in 2009, the School of Developmental Studies (now State College of Basic and Remedial Studies) kicked off September 2012, and the Sokoto State University starts its academic activities with an inaugural orientation in the 2013/2014 academic session precisely October, 2013.
List of Courses Offered at Sokoto State University (SSU)
Here is a list of courses offered by Sokoto State University (SSU) and all candidates interested in studying at the institution are encouraged to take note:
- Arabic Studies
- Computer Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Educational Management
- English Language
- Guidance and Counseling
- Islamic Studies
- Political Science