Lead City University (LCU) 2015/2016 Admission Latest Update
Lead City University (LCU) has announced that the admission application for the 2015/2016 academic session has commenced. You can see further details as specified in this article.
About Lead City University (LCU)
The Proprietor of Lead City University, Ibadan is the Eduserve Consult, which has recorded remarkable achievements in promoting educational development at both the Tertiary and non-tertiary levels especially in the City of Ibadan.
The University submitted its application to the National Universities Commission the year 2002. The Standing Committee on Private Universities (SCOPU) conducted the verification and the final assessment visits in August and September, 2003, respectively. At the end of the assessment visits, SCOPU reported that the profile of the Proprietor of Lead City University confirmed that it has the capacity and resources to establish a private university. Thereafter, the University was “approved for immediate take off” by the Board of NUC in December 2003 as a prelude to the ratification by the Federal Executive Council, which was effected on the 16th of February, 2005.
Though the charter of the University has City University, Ibadan as its name but due to several cases of mistaken identity and in order to avert corporate identity problem, the Board of Trustees and Council of the University had an extra-ordinary meeting on the 7th of March, 2005, and resolved to modify the name to read Lead City University, Ibadan. The change in name was subsequently communicated to the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Universities Commission, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and other stakeholders while all previous documents relating to City University, Ibadan remain valid.(See More Here)
Lead City University (LCU) 2015/2016 Admission Form Information
The school authorities and management of Lead City University (LCU), Ibadan invites applications from JAMB UTME and Direct Entry candidates for admission into the institution for 2015/2016 Academic Session.
Available Degree Programmes:
A. Faculty of Information Technology & Applied Sciences
Microbiology, B.Sc. *
Computer & Information Science, B.Sc. *
Computer with Electronics, B.Sc. *
Computer with Economics, B.Sc. *
B. Faculty of Social Sciences & Entrepreneurial Studies
Accounting, B.Sc. *
Business Administration, B.Sc. *
International Relations, B.Sc. *
Economics, B.Sc. *
Public Administration, B.Sc. *
Mass Communication and Media Tech. *
C. Faculty of Education (New Faculty)
Education/Biology, B.Sc. (Ed.)
Education/Chemistry, B.Sc. (Ed.)
Education/Computer Science, B.Sc.(Ed)
Guidance and Counselling, B.Ed.
Educational Administration, B.Ed.
Physical & Health Education, B.Ed.
Business Education, B.Ed.
Library and Information Science, B.LS
Education Economics, B.Sc. (Ed)
Education/Social Studies, B.Ed.
Faculty of Arts
English and Literary Studies, B.A
Performing Arts & Culture, B.A
Faculty of Law
NB: The Asterisked courses are available also on Part-Time.
General Requirements (JAMB/Direct Entry):
The minimum entry requirement for admission into Lead Ciity University is GCE O/L, SSCE/NABTEB/ NECO or equivalent credit level pass in five(5) subjects, including English Language, and Mathematics, obtained at not more than two sittings.
Those with additional (Direct Entry) qualification such as University Diploma, NCE, IJMB, OND, GCE ‘A’ Level or equivalent professional qualification etc are to proceed from part II.
However, candidates awaiting result may apply provided evidence of results would be available before resumption.
Method of Application/Payment:
LCU screening forms can be downloaded from www.lcu.edu.ng or procured with a non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5000) by bank draft payable to Lead City University, Ibadan or by direct deposit into the following accounts: Zenith Bank Plc: 1012380571
GTBank Plc: 0029591261
Completed application forms should be returned to the Admissions officer, Lead City University P.O Box 30678, Secretariat Ibadan.
N.B: Notice is hereby given that the Post UTME Screening Examination & Scholarship Interviews will hold on two alternative venues – The University Main Campus in Ibadan (Wednesdays) and Lagos Liaison Offices(Thursdays). Candidates who did not choose Lead City University initially are eligible to apply and take part in the screening exercise.
Lead City University & Lead City High School Admission Forms are now available at:
1. LCU Business School: Old Kingsway Building, Dugbe, Ibadan.
2. LCU Lagos Liaison Office I: No. 12B Osborne Road Ikoyi, (adjacent to Osborne Foreshore Estate), Lagos.
3. LCU Lagos Liaison Office II: 1km after Lagos Business School, Aja, Lagos.
4. Abuja Liaison Office I: Blooms Academy, 45 main street, Suncity Abuja.
5. Abuja Liaison Office II: Epitome Model Islamic Schools, off Sani Abacha Road, Mararaba, Abuja
6. Rivers State Liaison Office: Rofbidut Nig. Ltd. 43 Airport Road, Matilda Plaza, Rupokwu, Port Harcourt.
7. Enugu State Liaison Office: Duo Concept Limited. No.23 Ifite Ukpo Street, Off Barry Gold Hotels Junction, Upper Chime Avenue, New Haven, Enugu.
Lead City University (LCU) School Fees Schedule
New Students Fee Structure
|Tuition & Other Registration Fees which Includes: Acceptance Fee, Medical, Matriculation fee, Internet Facility, Library Fee, Biometric I.D Card, Sports & Games, Students Association Fees, Textbooks, Insurance||N|
|Access Diploma Programme||N250,000.00|
|Faculty of Arts||N100,000.00|
|Faculty of Education||N150,000.00|
|Faculty of Social Science& Entrepreneurial Studies||N430,000.00|
|B.Sc Psychology, B.Sc Sociology, B.Sc Entrepreneurship||N250,000.00|
|Faculty of Information Technology & Applied Sciences||N560,000.00|
|B.Sc Biology, B.Sc Chemistry, B.Sc Physics||N250,000.00|
|Health Information Management||N280,000.00|
|B.Sc Mass Communication & Media Technology||N450,000.00|
|Accommodation (Executive Private Room) with A/C)||N200,500.00|
Admission Form & Screening Fee – N10, 500. All payments to the University are not refundable and not transferable. The stipulated fees cover Tuition and Regular Exam fees.
Payments are to be made once or twice. At least 70% of the tuition and other registration fees must be paid before registration and class attendance, while the balance of 30% must be paid before resumption or during 2nd semester.
Fees Structure for Returning Students
YEAR OF ENTRY
|Social Sciences (1)||400,500||420,500||420,500||420,500||430,000|
Social Sciences (2) (Sociology, Psychology, Entrepreneurship)
Mass Comm. & Media Tech.
Applied Science & Info. Tech. (1)
Applied Science & Info. Tech. (2) (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
Health Information Management
|Art (Performing Art, English & Literary Studies)Access Diploma Programme||100,000|
College of Health Technology (Diploma Programme)
Diploma in French (Optional)
2 Years Diploma Evening Programme
*Hostel Accommodation (Optional) – N100, 500 (2 Bedded), N150, 500 (Single), N 200,500 (Executive)
*IT Empowerment International Certification by New Horizon (OPTIONAL) – N 25,000
*Feeding (COMPULSORY) – N120,000
COMPULSORY PAYMENTS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY UP TO 2013/2014 YEAR OF ENTRY
|Medical||20,000||Students’ Association Fees||5,000|
|Biometric ID Card||2,000||Insurance||10,000|
Study Material Fee for Information Tech. & Applied Sciences: 25,000
Study Material Fee for Social Sciences & Entrepreneurial Studies: 20,000
Study Material Fee for Faculty of Education: 20,000
Regular Students’ Teaching Practice Exercise for Faculty of Education: 20,000
NOTE: All payments to the University are not refundable and not transferable, please note that;
1) The stipulated fees cover Tuition and Regular Exam Fees.
2) Payments are to be made once. Payment by installment attracts a 5% surcharge on the fee.
3) All students must pay at least 70% of the Tuition fees before registration and class attendance.
4) Payment is not effective without due registration at both Central Registration Unit and Faculty Office for every semester.
5) Normal registration within three weeks of resumption. Please note that student who .fails to register within the stipulated period will pay late registration penalty fee of N20, 000.00. Very late registration penalty of N40, 000.00 per semester.
6) All Final year students will pay Dissertation Binding and Exam fee of N21, 500.00.
7) Accommodation fees are payable once to any of the designated banks (no installmental payment allowed). The University does not have any involvement with hostels outside the University campus. Any student that patronizes such hostels does so at their own risk. Students under age 20 must stay in the University accommodation except they have written permission of their Parents/Sponsors to stay off campus. The University must know the residential addresses of all students which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Unit and Faculty Office. Parents/Sponsors should also ensure that the University has their genuine and current postal/E-mail address and Phone numbers in case of emergency and for the purpose of dispatching examination results and other necessary information about their wards to them directly. Cooking in the University hostel is prohibited. Penalty is expulsion from the hostel without refund.
8) Students who have completed all requirements for graduation will pay Alumni initiation fee of N25, 500 (compulsory).