LASU ODLRI Degree Progamme Admission Invitation: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into B.Sc. Business Administration Programme of the Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute (ODLRI) of the Lagos State University for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
LATEST: LASU Open and Distance Learning & Research Institute (ODLRI) Admission List
- LATEST: LASU Open and Distance Learning & Research Institute (ODLRI) Admission List
- LASU Open and Distance Learning Degree Programme Admission Details
- January 2018: LASU Gets NUC Approval For Open And Distance Learning and Research Institute
This is to inform all the candidates that applied for admission into the B.Sc. Business Administration Programme of the Lagos State University (LASU) Open and Distance Learning & Research Institute (ODLRI) for the 2018/2019 academic session that they can now check their admission status online.
LASU ODLRI 3rd Batch Admission List
Currently, the management has released the third batch of admitted candidates. Follow the link below to access LASU ODLRI Degree third batch admission list:
Please note that screening will take place for 3rd batch admitted candidates as follows:
Date: Saturday, 2nd March, 2019
Venue: ODLRI Training Room, New Science Complex, LASU, Ojo
Time: 10:00 am
Please come along with the following:
(1) 2 Passport Photograph (2) WAEC Scratch Card (3) WAEC Results
LASU ODLRI Admission List of cleared Students
Follow this link to access the list of students that have been cleared to study B.Sc. Business Administration in Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute (ODLRI)
LASU ODLRI 2nd Batch Admission List
Currently, the management has released the second batch of admitted candidates. Follow the link below to access LASU ODLRI Degree second batch admission list:
LASU ODLRI 1st Batch Admission List
Currently, the management has released the first batch of admitted candidates. Follow the link below to access LASU ODLRI Degree first batch admission list:
Please note that screening will take place as follows:
Date: 9th February, 2019
Venue: ODLRI Training Room, New Science Complex, LASU, Ojo
Time: 10:00 am
Please come along with the following: (1) 2 passport photograph (2) WAEC Scratch Card (3) WAEC Results
LASU Open and Distance Learning Degree Programme Admission Details
The Institute was established by the Senate and the Council of the Lagos State University and approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to cater for those that are thirsty for higher education.
The Institute pays special attention to research as it aims at producing world class graduates with 21st century skills who can contribute meaningfully to modern socio-economic development of the society.
- B.Sc. in Business Administration
- Holders of WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO (O’ Level) or its equivalent with credit passes in Five (5) subjects at not more than Two (2) sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, and any Three (3) relevant subjects from Commerce, Economics, Accounting, Government, Geography, Business Studies.
- The programme is suitable for qualified candidates who are 18 years and above.
- The programme is designed for a period of Four (4) years like the conventional programme, with normal academic and research work.
Programme Mode of Teaching and Learning
All academic activities are online with prompt and accurate delivery system.
ICT Knowledge: ICT proficiency will be necessary at the point of entry, for ALL admitted candidates in the absence of which applicants will be required to obtain same before graduation.
How to Apply for LASU Open and Distance Learning Degree Programme Admission
- Step 1: Candidates are to go to www.odlri.lasu.edu.ng/
- Step 2: Candidates will generate an application form number, pay the requisite fee of Ten Thousand (N10,000) Naira Only and fill the application form online.
- Step 3: Kindly note that ALL LASU payments are done ONLINE;
- Step 4 Candidates are to check their names on the provisional admission list that will be posted online.
- Step 5 Successful candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of Twenty Thousand (N20,000.00) Naira only.
- Offer of admission into the programme is subject to available space(s) for qualified applicants;
- Candidates awaiting results are not eligible to apply;
- Certificates, and not statement of result slips are acceptable for WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO results obtained before 2010;
- On-line print out slips will not be honoured at the point of registration;
- All completed application forms are to be filled and submitted online on or before Friday 30th November, 2018.
Screening: Candidates who have been offered admission and have paid the acceptance fee will also be subjected to a screening exercise.
Disclaimer: Any applicant who pays money into any individual/other account Or through other means aside from the one above, does that at his/ her own disadvantage.
For further enquiries, applicants may call any of these Help Lines 08154113386, 08106395786 or E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 2018: LASU Gets NUC Approval For Open And Distance Learning and Research Institute
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved by the establishment of the Lagos State University (LASU) Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute (ODLRI). The approval came after a recent visit by the Universities Regulatory Body to assess the facilities of the Institute at the Main Campus of the University in Ojo.
The ODLRI was established by the Prof. Olanrewaju Adigun Fagbohun-led administration to replace the now rested LASU External System (LASUES) and provide opportunity for millions of knowledge seekers who are desirous of pursuing their first degrees in the University, but are unable to gain admission into the regular programmes. The ODLRI Board is headed by renowned Academic and Former Executive Secretary, NUC, Dist. Prof. Peter Okebukola.
The Vice Chancellor, Professor Fagbohun, while receiving the NUC team on their assessment visit, had assured the Executive Secretary, NUC, Professor Abubakar Rasheed that LASU-ODLRI will be the gold standard in the delivery of quality University education in Africa through the Open and Distance Learning delivery platform. The approved take-off programme is the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
LASU-ODLRI has several unique features. Course contents are pitched above NUC minimum standards with slant on 21-Century skills especially critical thinking, teamwork, entrepreneurship and digital literacy. It will be delivered on a learner-friendly, easy-to-navigate e-learning platform with 24-hour learner support. It will apply global best practices in Open and Distance learning delivery. Another distinguishing feature is that it will embed research and development into all operations. All course materials are pilot tested before full diffusion. There are no imported courseware as all materials are proudly homegrown in LASU. It will blend 30% on-campus instruction with 70% instruction in a technology-enabled virtual learning environment.
With the approval of the Institute, sale of forms is expected to commence any moment from now.
Cordinator, Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations,
Lagos State University, Ojo.