LASU JUPEB Admission is out for the 2019/2020 session.
The Lagos State University, LASU JUPEB admission form for the 2019/2020 academic session is on sale. After completion of the programme candidates will be admitted into 200L. See complete details below.
LASU JUPEB Programme Invitation
- LASU JUPEB Programme Invitation
- Admission Requirements for LASU JUPEB Programme
- LASU JUPEB Available Courses:
- LASU JUPEB Admission Mode Of Application
- About the JUPEB Programme
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Lagos State University Foundation Programme, which shall commence in August, 2019. The Programme shall run for Twelve (12) Calendar months from August 2019 to July 2020. It is an intensive programme to prepare exceptionally brilliant candidates for the JUPEB Examinations and subsequent admission into 200 Level Degree Programmes offered by the Lagos State University and other JUPEB AFFILIATED UNIVERSITIES. The Programme is located at the Lagos State University Foundation Programme Campus, ASCON Road, Topo, Badagry.
Also See: How to Check LASU JUPEB Admission List
Admission Requirements for LASU JUPEB Programme
(a) Five (5) Ordinary Level Credit Passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language is required for all candidates who intend to study courses in Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing/Agricultural Science, Science Education, Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Engineering, at least a Credit Pass in Mathematics is compulsory. Prospective Applicants are advised to visit the University Website, www.lasu.edu.ng for detailed admission requirements.
(b) Students who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
(c) Successful candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of Twenty-Five Thousand Naira only [ N25,000.00].
LASU JUPEB Available Courses:
The available courses are as follows:
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Arabic Studies and French studies
- Christian Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
- English Language
- History and International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Yoruba and Communication Arts
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Education & Chemistry
- Education & Yoruba
- Education & Biology
- Education & Islamic Studies
- Education & French
- Education & Geography
- Education & History
- Education & Physics
- Physical & Health Education
- Education & English Language
- Education & Christian Religious Studies
- Education & Arabic
- Education & Economics
- Education & Political Science
- Education & Guidance and Counselling
- Education & Mathematics
- Education & Computer Science
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical and Polymer Engineering
FACULTY OF LAW
- Common Law
- Common and Islamic Law
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Computer Science
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Public Administration
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Geography and Planning
- Political Science
SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- Transport Management and Operation
- Transport Planning and Policy
- Transport Technology and Infrastructure
- I. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Radio & Television Broadcasting
- J. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- Medicine and Surgery
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
CRITERIA FOR TRANSITING TO 200 LEVEL
At the end of the intensive preparations, candidates will sit for the JUPEB Examinations. Only successful candidates would be able to transit to 200 Level AND courses shall be allocated based on the level of performance of each students. Also:
- Successful candidates that will be enrolled in the Degree Programmes at 200 Level must purchase the Direct Entry JAMB form.
- Students who fail may be allowed to repeat the Programme
- On admission, if any student voluntary withdraws from the programme, request for refund of School Fee will NOT be entertained.
LASU JUPEB Admission Mode Of Application
Applicants are required to visit www.lasu.edu.ng/foundation in order to pay the non-refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira [N15,000:00] only AND fill the necessary online application form.
The closing date for the submission of application forms is Wednesday, 14th August, 2019.
DATE FOR THE QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
A Qualifying Examination for admission into the programme will hold on Saturday, 17th August, 2019, 11:00am at the LASU Foundation Programme Campus, ASCON Road, Topo, Badagry.
COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES:
Lectures start on Monday, 2nd September, 2019.
The University has hostel accommodation together with transportation. Allocation of the available spaces would be on first-come-first-serve basis.
At the end of the intensive Programme, Courses shall be allocated to successful Candidates on merit
About the JUPEB Programme
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria.
JUPEB is, as at now, recognized by Federal universities in Southern Nigeria such as University of Lagos (Unilag), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan (UI), Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), and University of Calabar (UNICAL).