LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Degree Programme Admission Form Now Available for 2018 Modular Year
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted programmes in Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta, Sandwich Degree Programmes.
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Available Courses
FACULTY OF EDUCATION: B.SC(ED), B.A(ED) & B.ED, FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- B.Sc Education: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Human Kinetics, Sports/Physical & Health Education, Health Education, Computer Science Education.
- B.Sc Education: Economics, Political Science, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
- B.A. Education: Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French Language, English Language, Yoruba Language.
LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Admission Requirements
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) O Level Credits or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings with two (2) of the subjects at A Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
- Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O Level or its equivalent.
- Economics Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Physical & Health Education, Political Science Major: At least, a Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics or O Level or its equivalent.
- Health Education Major: A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics.
- Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health plus five (5) O Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- General English at NCE is acceptable for O Level English for all courses except English major.
- Merit in Arithmetic possessed at TC is acceptable as equivalent for O Level Mathematics. Other considerations:
- ICAN (Part II) CIS (Part II) are acceptable for Economics.
- Holders of Certificates issued by recognised Arabic institutions who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfilment of other entry requirements NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, social work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit plus three (3) O Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes which should include English Language is acceptable for: Human Kinetics Sports/PHE, and Health Education.
FIVE (5) YEAR SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMME
The five (5) year Sandwich Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE but also fall short of entry qualification for the four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
How to Apply for LASU-FCE Osiele Sandwich Admission
Step 1: Applicants are advised to visit any commercial bank and pay N10,300.00 (application form and other charges) for LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY OJO (ABEOKUTA SANDWICH) DEGREE PROGRAMME through eTranzact Platform and obtain payment receipt. The applicant can then proceed to the College portal (see Step 2), log in with the etranzact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER and complete the online registration form following steps 2 to 7.
Step 2: From the website fce-abeokuta.edu.ng, click LASU-ABK SANDWICH;
Step 3: Enter your entrazact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER. This will take you to the Registration page which will display the online registration form;
Step 4: On the online registration form, type your personal details in the spaces provided;
Step 5: On completion of typing your personal details on the online registration form, click submit and wait to see the message: Successfully Registered.
Step 6: Click PRINT FORM. This will display your completed online registration form. At this stage, you are advised to save the soft-copy of the form before printing.
Step 7: Finally, applicants should immediately take the printed form (hardcopy) and bank teller/etranzact payment receipt to LASU Sandwich Degree Office, CESAPREP FCE Abeokuta and obtain College receipt.
For further information, please visit the Centre for Sandwich Degree Programmes of the College.
Closing Date of Application is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication (date of publication – April 16, 2018).
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance Examination and Interview date shall be communicated accordingly.
Candidates are expected to come along with their writing materials, originals and photocopies of all their credentials on the day of interview.
Earlier Update: LASU Seals Partnership with Federal College of Education Abeokuta on Sandwich Degree Programme
Like a beautiful bride being courted by all and sundry, the Lagos State University has again been singled out for partnership by one of the leading federal institutions in Nigeria- Federal College of Education, Oshiele, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The partnership was cemented on Tuesday 10th April, 2018 as the heads of the two institutions, Prof Olanrewaju Fagbohun of Lagos State University and Dr Raufu Adekola Soyemi of the Federal College of Education, Oshiele, put pen to paper in a brief but colourful ceremony.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Members of the Lagos State University Management and other Senior Members of Staff of the two institutions at the Vice Chancellor’s Conference Room, Main Campus, Ojo. The partnership will see the Federal College of Education, Oshiele affiliate it’s Sandwich Programme to that of the Lagos State University.
Speaking during the ceremony, the Vice Chancellor of the host institution, Prof Olanrewaju Fagbohun noted the need to ensure quality and excellence on the partnership.
He said: “This ceremony is not just about the papers we will sign. There has to be a commitment from both partners to see this work
For us in LASU, we are committed to excellence.
Our common goal is to make a difference in this country. And from what we have seen on paper, I believe the two institutions are convinced of making this a success.”
The Provost, Federal College of Education, Oshiele, Dr Ayodele Ajayi in his response expressed his profound appreciation to the University Management for approving the partnership promising that his team would do all within their power to make it work, saying “I can assure you that we are also out for quality and excellence and we will not disappoint.
We appreciate your emphasis on trust and excellence and we can assure you that this partnership will not fail.”