Latest: KWASU School Fees Have Not Been Increased – Management Says
The Management of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete wishes to inform the general public that there is no iota of truth in the rumours making the round that the Management has increased KWASU Students’ school fees.
We, however, wish to state that there is an ongoing robust discussion between Management and the Students union leaders on ways to improve on the financial standing of the university towards the provision of standard teaching and learning regime.
In line with our desire to entrench a culture of participatory governance in the administration of the university, management has ensured that the conversation has been democratic, peaceful, and harmonious. It is important to state that no concrete decision has been reached for now.
We, therefore, urge the general public to utterly disregard this fake rumour.
Mohammed A. Shuaib
Earlier: KWASU School Fees Schedule for 2019/2020 Session
KWASU School Fees Schedule and for Fresh Students and Returning Students: The attention of Kwara State University, Malete, has been drawn to insinuations making the rounds on social media that the management of the Institution has increased fees for the 2019/2020 Academic session.
A statement by the acting Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Sakah Mahmud, says tuition fees of both indigenes and non-indigenes remain unchanged while all sundry charges from the last academic session also remain the same.
For the benefit of the doubt, the school fees and other fees for 2019/2020 academic session are as indicated below;
The KWASU school fees have been broken down into two categories. One for indigenes and the other for Non-Indigene of Kwara State. You can check the schedule in the table below.
Also See: KWASU Admission List
KWASU School Fees Schedule
Departmental & Miscellaneous Fees
- All Departmental and Other Fees should be paid Online
- All fees for year 2-4 is inclusive of tuition and entrepreneurship fees.
- Sum of N2,500 for Handbook – All students
- Sum of N5,000 for 100 – 300 Level – Biochemistry students
- Sum N5,000 for all students of Tourism, Merchandising, and Hospitality Management
- Sum of N20,000 for 400 Level Education Students (Teaching Practice Exercise)
- Sum of N18,000 for 300 Level Education students (Teaching Practice Exercise)
- All geology students must add an additional N25,000 for fieldwork
- College of Agriculture: Excursion N9,000 / College Professional Registration N1,000 / Farming Practice Training (FPT) N40,000
- College of Education: Teaching Practice N12,000
- Early Childhood: Departmental Level N2,500 / Excursion N1,500 / Association Fees: N5,000
- Business Education: Undergraduate N10,000 / Postgraduate N20,000
- E-learning Enhancement Fee starting 2014/2015 Session N5,000
- ENACTUS Entrepreneurship Awareness Creation Fees N5,000 for Freshers (100Level)
Note that only tuition fees are required at this time. Hostel accommodation fees will only be paid upon clearance by the Bursary and Hostel Management. If you have already secure Hostel accomodation, print out 3 copies of your accomodation information for Accomodation payment process at the Bursary Department.
NOTE: STUDENTS SHOULD MAKE DEPARTMENTAL FEE PAYMENT THROUGH THE NEW UNDERGRADUATE PORTAL ONLY
All fees paid are Non-Refundable
KWASU Notice To All Newly Admitted Students
This is to inform all newly admitted candidates of Kwara State University, (KWASU) that Admission is fully effective and sealed after a student has registered courses fully for the academic year. Funds paid are non refundable, and admissions offered would be closed for those who fail to register once the University reaches its NUC approved quota.
KWASU has no responsibility whatsoever for candidates admitted who fail to register for their courses before the close of course registration. It is only a completed full course registration that makes a candidate a full-fledged student of the University for the academic session.
KWASU Registration Deadline for Fresh Students
The management of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete, wishes to inform all the candidates offered provisional admission into the university for the 2019/2020 academic session who have not paid their full school fees or registered to do so on or before Wednesday, 17th October, 2018, failing which may lead to forfeiture of admission in KWASU.
It should be noted that the University’s policy does not allow for refund of part-payment of school fees or any other fees paid into the University’s Account. All affected candidates are hereby advised to adhere strictly to the above directive to avoid forfeiting their admission.