About Kwara Poly
The Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin was established by his Excellency, the then Military Governor of Kwara State, Col. David Bamigboye. The decision to establish the Polytechnic was announced during the launching of the four Year Development plan in 1971.
The College eventually came into existence following the promulgation of Kwara State Edict no. 4 of 1972 (now overtaken by the edict no. 21 of 1984 edict No. 13 of 1987 and edict no. 7 of 1994) as a body empowered by statute “to provide for studies, training, research and development of techniques in arts and language, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and well as in other spheres of learning”.
The Kwara State Polytechnic formally commenced operation in January 1973 with an administrative machinery patterned closely after the existing universities in the country. The polytechnic has as its motto: TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND SERVICE.
At its inception in 1973, the Polytechnic had 110 students, 11 members of academic staff and 3 senior administrative staff.
Kwara Poly New Students Registration Procedure
Below is the Kwara Poly 2015/2016 New Students Registration Procedure and all fresh students are to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems.
1. Login with on https://kwarapoly.waeup.org with your Applicant ID and Password.
2. Print your application slip. Your StudentID and Password are at the bottom of your downloaded slip.
3. Use the StudentID and Password you obtained in (2) above to login to your student profile. Note that these will remain your username and password till you graduate unless you change your password.
4. Change your password to something you can readily remember when you need it.
5. Download and print your notification of provisional admission.
6. Click on My Data at the top of your page and select Personal Data from the drop down menu a) Click on the Edit Button at the top left hand corner which should allow you update your personal details b) Click on Save/Confirm button at the bottom of the page when done.
7. Click on My Data at the top of your page and select Clearance Data from the drop down menu
a) Click on the Start Clearance button at the top left hand corner of your page
b) Click on Start Clearance Now
c) Fill the clearance form and when done, open the scans tab and upload original scanned copies of your credentials and requisite documents.
Note that you are to obtain a scratch card of the O-level examination body (or bodies) of the result(s)/certificate(s), e.g. SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, etc, used for the application process.
Activate your scratch card by using it at least once but not more than twice to check the result for which the scratch card details are being indicated. In addition, it is mandatory for all HND fresher’s to scan there ORIGINAL ND certificate in the scan tab
d) Save the clearance form if you wish to complete it later otherwise, click on Save and Request Clearance. Note that you will not be allowed to edit this form after submission
e) Download and print your clearance slip and wait for 72Hrs for your clearance officer to clear you before proceeding with your registration.
8. After your next login you can download and print your registration slip.
9. Click on My Data at the top of your page and from the drop down menu select Accommodation Data a) Click on Book Accommodation to book a bed space in the hostel.
Note that beds are randomly allocated b) Download and print your bed allocation slip.
10. Click My Data at the top of your page and select Payments
a) Click on Add Current Session Payment Ticket
b) Select Hostel Maintenance Fee from the list of payment items
c) Create a payment ticket and open that ticket
d) Click on the CollegePay button at the top of your page and follow the guide to effect your payment
e) Note: If your payment is not successful and you received a debit alert, you can click on the Requery CollegePay button at the top of your page
f) Download and print your payment slip
g) Repeat steps (a -f) above for school fee and/or any other fee type you will like to pay.
11. Click on My Data and select Course of Study from the drop down menu;
a) Click on Start New Session and enter the activation code provided on your school fee payment slip i.e: SFE-0-0000000000
b) Click on Add Course List
c) Click on Create Course List Now which will populate all the courses you are expected to register at your level
d) Click on the study level created and download your course registration slip for printing.
12. Submit the requisite registration printouts at your Institute and/or Department and commence lectures.