KUST Post UTME / DE Form Information and Screening Invitation, 2018/2019
Kano State University of Science and Technology (KUST) 2018/2019 Post UTME screening form for all UTME admission-seeking candidates as well as the Direct Entry screening form are now available as has been announced by the institution. All concerned aspirants and interested members of the public that wish to study in the institution are hereby notified and advised to procure their forms as soon as possible.
Also See: KUST Admission List
According to the school management, KUST post UTME / Direct Entry screening exercise application form for the 2018/2019 academic session admission exercise has been released.
The school authorities of the Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST), Wudil is inviting suitably qualified candidates to its 2018/2019 academic session admission screening exercise.
Also See: KUST Wudil Post UTME Result
KUST Admission Eligibility Criteria and Cut-Off Marks
UTME candidates must have chosen KUST, Wudil as First Choice in the 2018 UTME and scored minimum points for various programmes as indicated below:
|1||B. Agriculture (Hons)||150 and above|
|2||B. Tech. (Hons) Food Science & Technology||150 and above|
|3||B. Sc (Hons) Computer Science||190 and above|
|4||B. Sc (Hons) Mathematics||150 and above|
|5||B. Sc (Hons) Statistics||150 and above|
|6||B. Sc (Hons) Architecture||190 and above|
|7||B. Sc (Hons) Geography||150 and above|
|8||B. Sc (Hons) Geology||150 and above|
|9||B. Tech. (Hons) Urban & Regional Planning||150 and above|
|10||B. Eng. Civil Engineering||200 and above|
|11||B.Eng. Electrical Engineering||190 and above|
|12||B. Eng. Mechanical Engineering||150 and above|
|13||B. Sc (Hons) Biochemistry||190 and above|
|14||B. Sc (Hons) Biology||150 and above|
|15||B. Sc (Hons) Chemistry||150 and above|
|16||B. Sc (Hons) Microbiology||200 and above|
|17||B. Sc (Hons) Physics||150 and above|
|18||B. Sc Ed. Agricultural Science||150 and above|
|19||B. Sc Ed. Biology||150 and above|
|20||B. Sc Ed. Chemistry||150 and above|
|21||B. Sc Ed. Geography||150 and above|
|22||B. Sc Ed. Mathematics||150 and above|
|23||B. Sc Ed. Physics||150 and above|
However, qualified candidates who applied for admission into Computer Science, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biochemistry and Microbiology with UTME score less than what is stated above, can also register for their respective chosen programmes and the University may consider them for admission into other relevant programmes.
Direct Entry candidates must have chosen KUST, Wudil as First Choice and have at least Lower Credit at National Diploma and a minimum of Five (5) points in National Certificate on Education (NCE) or Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) in relevant programme or subject combination as the case may be
How to Apply for the 2018/2019 KUST Post UTME Screening
- Candidates shall visit any Zenith Bank Plc Branch and make payment of non-refundable fee of N2,500:00 (N2,000:00 being cost of screening while N500:00 is Bank and Administrative charges) to Account Number 1130019452 and then collect PIN from the cashier at the Bank.
- Candidates shall then visit the University website kustwudil.edu.ng.
- On the homepage, under ‘ADMISSION’ click on ‘Undergraduate’.
- Go to UTME or DE icon and click on ‘New User’.
- Fill in the Application Form
- Select submit after completing the application form
- Candidate should print his/her acknowledgment slip thereafter
- All candidates should provide details of their O’Level qualifications (NECO, WAEC or NABTEB) in not more than two sittings as Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) will not approve admission of any candidate without his/her O’Level requirements.
INFORMATION TO NOTE
- Note that the venue, date and time of the Aptitude Test will be communicated to you through your phone number and e-mail address.
- Candidates shall ensure that functional and accessible phone number and e-mail address used during JAMB registration are provided.
- Any candidate who fails to register for the screening exercise within the stipulated period will not be considered.
- POST UTME/DE TEST IS SCHEDULE TO HOLD ON SATURDAY, 1ST SEPTEMBER, 2018 AT THE CAMPUS, WUDIL.
About KUST Wudil
Kano State University of Science and Technology (KUST) was created as “”Kano University of Technology”” (KUT) in 2000. It is located in Wudil, a Local Government in Kano State Nigeria. The university which was known as Kano State University of Technology Wudil has been renamed as Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil in the year 2005 in conformity to the Gazette laws of the University. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The process of establishing Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil begun in 1973 during the administration of the 1st Military Governor, Police Commissioner Late Alhaji Audu Bako in which Justice Sani Aikawa’s Committee was established to advise Government on how the State can own a University that can cater for manpower requirements.
In 1988, a Task force under the chairmanship of Professor Ibrahim H. Umar – former Vice Chancellor of Bayero University Kano – was constituted and submitted report in February 1989 recommending the establishment of the University at Bagauda Lake Hotel.
Subsequently, a Technical Committee was inaugurated in July 1989 under the chairmanship of Alhaji Abdulkarim Hassan to study in details, the report submitted by Task Force.
Consequent upon this, approval was granted by the National Universities Commission (NUC) for the State to establish a University in 1991. In the same year, an eleven (11) member implementation committee headed by Prof. Ibrahim H. Umar was appointed and assigned the responsibility for the smooth take-off of the University. However, due to technical and insufficient fund, Government suspended the idea.