Home » School News » JAMB Change of Course, Institution and Date Correction Guidelines, 202...

JAMB Change of Course, Institution and Date Correction Guidelines, 2020

The JAMB change of course and institution for 2020 has started. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has directed all candidates who wish to change their course or institution to proceed to the board’s site and follow the procedure as displayed.

The process is currently ongoing and costs N2,500 and can only be processed online, just like every other process of the board.

All candidates who wish to effect changes on either their course institution or their bio-data can proceed to do so at the closest JAMB CBT accredited centre.

You can also correct your Bio-data which include your name, date of birth, gender, State and Local Government of origin.

Before you proceed to do that, please make sure you do the following;

  • Be sure of the Course/Institution you would like to make changes. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
  • Ensure that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut off mark higher than your score.
  • Ensure you select a Course/Institution that is in line with your subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.

Process Flow for 2020 JAMB Change of Course, Institution and Date Correction

  1. Log into your JAMB profile
  2. Open the menu tab on your JAMB profile
  3. Click Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data
  4. Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal.
  5. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.
  6. After paying N2,500 at the bank plus additional bank charge of N100 naira, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.


You can carry out all of the above process at an accredited centre.

Important Notes:

  • You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
  • Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done twice.
  • There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
  • The cost for the change of course and Data correction is ₦2,500.
  • You can use the one time payment of ₦2,500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.


Sharing is caring!

Share Tweet Email WhatsApp

Want to be notified anytime there's a new post? Subscribe here to get the latest updates delivered to your email address by Google Feedburner.

See More Under:


  • Odedavid

    Can I still do change of institution to fuwukari

  • Mohammed

    i change my institution and course three days ago,I want do screening, but it shows me wrong login credentials,why!

  • Samuel Juku

    Can i get my opt through my email

  • Adamu Umar

    I did change of course and institution 1 months but is yet to reflect I'm confused

  • It is difficult trying to create an account with unizik when creating, the names I'm to put in the box is not typing neither is the keyboard showing but only show when putting your reg no tel: and I want to register for the post which the deadline is nov. 30th

  • How can I do my change of course online,cuz I 've been trying to do that but all to no avail

    1. Fajana Sola

      Login into your jamb profile

  • I want to change institution but the school I want to change to the post utme form deadline is tomorrow can I take the post utme form for the school today and change to the institution tomorrow

  • Hannah

    pls, when registering, I picked u.i, then I later changed to unilag with history and strategic studies but I now want to change the course because of my score, pls how do I do this?

  • Pls have changed my institution twice now I want to switch to a private university how do I go about it pls

    1. Ope, you can only effect change of course or institution twice. However, you can go to the school, considering it's a private university to see if there's something they can do for you (perhaps, if they choose to allow you to apply for admission, the admission can be possibly regularized with JAMB later).