Imo State University (IMSU) Post-UTME Screening exercise for the 2018/2019 session has been announced – See details below.
The Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) online registration for the Post UTME aptitute test for prospective candidates seeking admission into all courses/ programme’s for 2018/2019 academic year will commence from 17th July, 2018 and end on 30th July 2018.
According the school’s management and authorities, the process of registering candidates for 2018/2019 Post UTME Screening Exercise registration has commenced in the Imo State University (IMSU), Owerri. The details of the registration, cut off mark have been released likewise.
ELIGIBILITY FOR IMSU POST UTME
The examination which has been scheduled to take place on Monday 13th August and end on Saturday 18th August 2018, is for candidates who chose Imo State University as first choice and scored 180 and in joint Admission and Matriculation Examination (JAMB).
In addition, candidates must posses at least 5 (five) credit level passes in their relevant 0ʼLevel subjects including English language and mathematics.
NOTE: The Examination is COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT).
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR 2018/2019 SCREENING EXERCISE
A). Visit the University website – www.imsu.edu.ng
B). Click on “Prospective students”
C). Click on “Apply Here” under 2018 /2019 academic year PUTME application.
D). Enter your JAMB registration No.
E). Click on submit button to generate INVOICE.
F). Proceed to any of the banks for your payment with the generated Payment Invoice number.
The Banks are:
– Zenith Bank
– IMSU Microfinance Bank
– First Bank
– Imo State Microfinance Bank.
– Fidelity Bank and
The payments can only be made at the shortlisted banks in Owerri.
- – Return to the application page and insert your Jamb registration number again
- – Enter your confirmation order pin gotten from the bank
- – Proceed with the completion of the form
- – Correctly enter your O’level results
- – Confirm your entries
- – Submit your application
- – Print your acknowledgement slip
- – Await announcement from the University.
- Eligible candidates would be required to pay the sum of Two thousand naira (N2,000 only).
- 1. You must enter a valid Mobile No. And Email address for future communication.
- 2. Any candidate who fail to successfully submit his/her screening application Online would be automatically loose his/her chance of being considered for admission.
- 3. Any candidate who supply False Information will be disqualified.
- 4. Any commencement of registration is advised to avoid web congestion in the dying hours.
- 5. Registration Portal will be Shut Down at Midnight 30th July, 2018.
Recommended: How to Print IMSU Post UTME Screening Schedule
The university was established in 1981 through Law No. 4 passed by the Imo State House of Assembly, Owerri. This was amended by Edict 27 of 1985, another in 1986 and finally for the relocation by the Law No. 2 of 1992. Academic activities commenced at the temporary site located at the former Madonna High School, Ihitte, with Professor M. J. C. Echeruo as its First Vice-Chancellor. The decision to establish a State University arose when the absence of a Federal University was greatly left by the people of Imo State whose major industry is education. The State had so many qualified candidates who could not be admitted by the existing Universities.
The Government of Imo State under Chief Sam Mbakwe sought for and obtained the approval of the Federal Government for the establishment of Imo State University as a Liberal Studies tertiary institution in the State.
Initially the University was designed as a Multi-Campus Structure with one College to be located in each Senatorial District of the then Imo State with its main campus located at Etiti in the Okigwe Senatorial Zone while the Aba Campus, in Aba Zone, housed the College of Business and Legal Studies. The Multi-Campus structure was phased out because of logistics. They University was then relocated to Okigwe in one Campus.