IBBU Postgraduate Admission Latest Update:
- IBBU Postgraduate Admission Latest Update:
- IBBU Postgraduate Admission Forms are now available for 2018/2019 Session
- IBBU Lapai Postgraduate Programmes
- IBBU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- How To Apply for IBBU Postgraduate Admission
- About IBBU Lapai
This is to inform the General Public that the closing date for the application of Postgraduate Programme is now 6th August, 2018. The Qualifying exam is Saturday 11th August, 2018.
IBBU Postgraduate Admission Forms are now available for 2018/2019 Session
This is to announce to the general public that online sale of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2018/2019 Academic Session has commenced.
IBBU Lapai Postgraduate Programmes
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
1 PGD. Agricultural Economics
2 M.Sc.- Agricultural Economics
3 PhD – Agricultural Economics
Department of Animal Production
1 PGD – Animal Production
2 M.Sc – Animal Production
Areas of Specialization
- Monogastric Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Products & Processing
- Ruminant Nutrition
Department of Crop Production
1 PGD. –Crop Production
2 M. Sc – Crop Production
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Weed Science
Faculty of Education And Arts
Department of Counseling Psychology
M.Ed.-Guidance and Counseling
Department of Continuing Education and Community Development
M.Ed and PhD in Adult Education
- Adult and Non-Formal Education
- Rural and Community Development
- Gender Education
- Industrial Education
- Entrepreneurial Adult Education
- Communication Arts in Adult Education
Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education
M.Sc. Human Kinetics & Health Education
- Exercise Physiology.
- Health Education.
- Sports Psychology.
- Sports Administration and Planning
Faculty of Languages And Communication Studies
Department of Arabic
- M.A – Arabic Language
- M. A – Arabic Literature
Department of English
- PGD in English
- M.A & PhD,.- English
- M.A.& PhD. – Literature
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Biochemistry
- PGD – Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- PhD – Biochemistry
- Nutritional Biochemistry.
- Biochemical Toxicology.
- Medical Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology.
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Pharmacological Biochemistry
Department of Biology
- PDG – Environmental Biology
- M.Sc. –Biology (options in the following areas)
- Hydrobiology and Fisheries
- Environmental Biology
- Mycology/Plant Pathology
Department of Geography
- PGD. –Water Resources & Environmental Management
- M.Sc.- Water Resources & Environmental Management
Department of Physics
- PGD – Physics
- M.Sc. Physics – (options in the following areas)
- Applied Geophysics
- Solid State Physics
- Radiations and Health/Nuclear Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Energy Studies
Faculty of Management And Social Sciences
Department of Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management
- MBA with options in
- Business Accounting & Finance
- Islamic Finance
- Insurance & Actuarial Science
- Human Resource Management
vii.Auditing & Public Sector Accounting
viii.Public Finance Management
The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
Department of Political Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Policy & Administration (PGDPPA)
- M.Sc.- Political Science
- Master in Public Policy & Administration (MPPA)
- Master in International Studies & Diplomacy (MISD)
Department of Sociology M.Sc Sociology
(Areas of Specialization)
- Medical Sociology
- Industrial Sociology
- Sociology of Education
- Development Studies
IBBU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Candidates are advised to read the specify entry requirements on the Advert:
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes Applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third Class Degree
- HND from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- 5 O’ Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
Master’s Programmes, Applicant must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division honours from recognized institutions
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- 5 O’ Level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- Minimum duration of the Masters degree is 18 months
- The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline.
- To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A/M.Sc) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50-3.99 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme in the respective discipline.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D programme except they obtained M.Sc degrees in relevant fields.
- A P.hD. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates.
- Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
How To Apply for IBBU Postgraduate Admission
All interested applicants should visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai website portal for available courses, requirements, details of purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
- The cost of each application form is ₦15,000.00 only. And Bank charges of ₦300 only
- The duration for the sale of application forms and submission is from 5th June – 9th July 2018
- The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form
- The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form
- Please ensure that you have the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have a credit in Literature at O’Level
- The Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management and the MBA programmes will have their lectures at Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Suleja Campus.
- All candidates are to be subjected to an eligibility test on Thursday 26th July, 2018.
Venue: IBB University Lapai
All correspondence should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
P.M.B. 11, Lapai, Niger State, Nigeria
About IBBU Lapai
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai(IBBUL) is a modern, outward-looking institution, committed to engaging with the major issues of our times. A leading multidisciplinary university, IBBUL today is a true academic powerhouse. The University was established by the Niger State University Law of 2005 and commenced academic activities during the 2005/2006 academic session.
We have a national reach and global vision. A good number of IBBU students come from within and outside Niger State, attracted from all over the country and even neigbouring countries. Much of the energy of IBBUL’s life comes from our students, who are clever, curious about the world and passionate about making a difference.
Student life here is challenging. We provide opportunity and leadership in teaching and research, entrepreneurship, volunteering and general study. We admit excellent students – from all backgrounds – and we work with them to develop and excel.
At IBBUL, our research strategy commits us to addressing Nigerian educational Challenges, by working together right across the University in order to tackle the problems that face us today – in national and global health, sustainable cities, intercultural understanding, and human wellbeing. We believe in undertaking fundamental research and in applying its findings.