How do I check my JAMB admission status? Has JAMB started giving admission? Are you a JAMB candidate who has any of these questions? You will see the straightforward procedure for checking your JAMB admission status on your JAMB profile via the JAMB CAPS portal. To check your JAMB Admission status, simplify follow the steps below.
How To Check JAMB Profile Admission Status on Your JAMB Profile via JAMB CAPS
You can check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal by follow the simple steps outlined below.
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal. (We recommend you use a laptop or desktop computer or Chrome browser on your mobile phone.)
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Then locate and click on Check 2017 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Admission Status on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been given admission.
- If you have been given admission, you will notice that the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active. If not, the buttons will appear faint. You can now accept or reject your admission offer under your Admission Profile by clicking on the corresponding button.
NB: Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and do so timely to enable the processing of their admission.
Alternative Means to Check Your JAMB Admission Status
You can also check directly from the JAMB E-facility page by following the steps below:
- Visit JAMB eFacility Portal.
- Login to your JAMB profile using the correct username and password you used to register for JAMB.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down then locate and click the Check Admission Status tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your JAMB registration number in the required column.
- Finally, click on Check Admission Status to access your admission status.
As mentioned earlier, if your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. So, the best you can do in this situation is to be patient.
About JAMB CAPS
The JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing system that is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process. JAMB CAPS makes provision for a “market place” in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and “request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.” If you are offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, you can choose to accept or reject the admission.