Home » School News » FUTO Admission List, 2020/2021 | Merit, Addendum, DE, Supplementary (U...

FUTO Admission List, 2020/2021 | Merit, Addendum, DE, Supplementary (UPDATED)

FUTO Admission List is out: Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) admission list for the 2020/2021 session has been released. See how to check your admission status below. Note that the FUTO merit and supplementary admission lists are out.

SEE The Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees

LATEST UPDATE:

This is to inform all candidates offered 2020/2021 Supplementary Admissions (Batch C) must do the following to validate their admission and access same on CAPs:

1. Upload their O’level results on JAMB portal.
  2. Accept transfer to the admitted Departments by visiting the Transfer Approval Page on JAMB portal to accept the Courses offered to them. This is to enable the Admissions Office admit them on CAPs.
  3. Change their first choice courses on JAMB portal as directed below;
    • Candidates admitted into Agricultural Economics (AEC), Agricultural Extension (AEX), Animal Science & Technology (AST), Crop Science & Technology (CST) and Soil Science & Technology (SST) should change to “AGRICULTURE”.
    • Candidates admitted into LOGISTICS & TRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY (LTT) should change to “CHEMISTRY”.
    • Candidates in PROJECT MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY (PMT) should change to “PHYSICS”.
    • Candidates in SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM) should change to “STATISTICS”.
    • Candidates in TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION (TEI) should change to “MATHEMATICS”.

SIGNED

Dr. Pamela N. Ogamba
DR / Coord, Admissions Unit
For: Registrar

The school management of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, (FUTO) has announced the release of the 2020/2021 academic session admission list. Candidates that took part in FUTO post UTME screening exercise can now check their admission status.

Also See: FUTO Direct Entry Admission List

How to Check FUTO Admission List on School Portal

FUTO admission list that contains the names of candidates offered provisional admission into the various undergraduate programmes of the university for the 2020/2021 academic session has been successfully uploaded online.

Supplementary Batch

• CLICK HERE to access FUTO Batch ‘C’ supplementary admission list.
  • CLICK HERE to access FUTO Batch ‘B’ supplementary admission list

Addendum to Merit Batch: Direct Entry, JUPEB to Degree, Pre-degree to Degree Admission Lists

Merit Batch

OR

Follow the procedure below to access/print your admission notification slip:

1. Go to FUTO admission status checking portal at https://application.futo.edu.ng/outside/dynamo/5cb580bea8fb4d38042a3344.
  2. Supply your JAMB registration number in the required column.
  3. Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button to access your FUTO admission status.

How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS

1. Go to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
  2. Once you have logged in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “Check Admission Status”. (See figure above)
  3. Click on this “Check Admission Status” and you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS admission status portal.
  4. After clicking on “Check Admission Status”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your admission status.
  5. If you have been given admission, you can now go ahead to accept or reject the admission.

After Admission, What Next?

After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.

1. First, find out the amount that FUTO is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay FUTO’s acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else. Recommended: How to Pay FUTO Acceptance Fee
  2. The next information you need to find out is FUTO school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to FUTO’s student database) on time.
  3. You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC resultNECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
  4. Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with FUTO’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
  5. After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in FUTO.
  6. Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant, than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.

Congratulations on your admission. All the best!

Also See: FUTO Registration Procedure

About FUTO

ESTABLISHED

1980

FACULTY

Starting with an initial enrollment of 225 undergraduate students and a staff strength of 60 (comprising 28 Academic and 32 Administrative staff) in 1981. The University’s enrollment for the 2010/2011 session has grown to 21,039 students (comprising 17,713 Undergraduates and 3,326 Postgraduate students) and an Academic Staff strength of 926 (including 156 Professors), plus over 1,200 Administrative and Technical support Staff.

STUDENTS

FUTO Undergraduate Students – About 14,500

Postgraduate Students– About 6,700

Total Number of Students – About 21,000

MOTTO

Technology for Service

LIBRARY COLLECTION

• Available print collections of over 95,000 Books and 200 Journal Titles plus over 3,500 Technical Documents and 1,000 maps.
  • Virtual Library (with database covering over 300 subject areas; plus availability of some rather specialized EBSCO, AGRA and OARE data bases).
  • Added to these are some modern Internet facilities, provided under the OSIWA Project and some well co-ordinated IMO depository rights.

FUTO Schools

Federal University of Technology, Owerri has 6 degree-granting schools. The University has grown from few students with a single master to an enrollment of more than 20,000 degree candidates including Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.

• School of Agriculture and Agriculture Technology

• Centre for Energy and Power Systems Research
  • Centre for Vocational and Entrepreneurial Studies
  • Institute of Erosion Studies
  • Information and Communication Technology Centre
  • University Computer Centre

UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS

22 ‘individuals of distinction’

• Emejuru

Comments (required). Also, are u 2 take any exam for d supplementary list?.

1. Salvation Jubilee

Nope. You are not going to take any exams both for supplementary form or pre degree. Thanks bbm 5689E847

• Emejuru

Comments (required), sir i scores 185 in jamb and 200 in post utme; average score=192.5. And i wnt 2 study Petroleum engineering. Is dere any chances of me gaining admission in FUTO. Also, my name was not out in d first list.

1. Emejuru, I'm sorry but your score wasn't too good. But let's stay hopeful.

2. Salvation Jubilee

Ur score is okay. Apply for supplementary form or pre degree. Go for a lower course due to course. Bbm pin 5689E847

• Comments (required) i scored 200 in jamb and 224 in putme futo and applied for ElectElect my aggregate 212 any hope in 2nd list and will there be a list b4 supplementary? Plz

1. Noble, I think another list will come out before supplementary and there's some hope.

2. Salvation Jubilee

It would be direct entry and pre degree admission list before supplementary form would come out. You must be calm. Bbm pin 5689E847

• Comments (required) I scored 209 in jamb and 240 in post ume, my name didn't come out in the first list for prosthesis and orthopaedic technology, buh just checked the jamb site yesterday and I was offered admission, does that mean my name will be on the second list?

1. John, that should be the case. Ensure you print the admission letter from JAMB website. You'll need it.

• Casidy

plz wen will d 2nd batch b released?

• Chidy Frank

WAT AR D REQUIREMENTS 4 A CHANGE OF COURSE IN FUTO

1. Are you already in the school, Frank?

• Victor

i scored 250 in jamb n i got 200 in post utme which i hav aggregate of 225 to study chemical engineering pls why haven't i gotten admission

1. Victor, that is difficult to answer. Your course is quite competitive!

• Vivian

Pls i scored 186 in jamb and 136 in futo post jamb going for AGE agricultural engineering* any hope because my God liveth

• Daniels

I scored 272 in post utme and 229 in jamb.. m applying for architecture y would I have to wait ..wen m seeing people with lower scores getting admission to even higher courses than myn...OK if other batches will be out soon can they make it come out quickly... pls reply

1. Dan, let's be hopeful. I feel your pain but that's the situation we find ourselves in this country.

• Kelechi

please help me with info about the second and third list for futo, sir.thanks

1. My brother, I don't have any info i can disclose except that the other lists will be released soon. Do you want to supplement?

• Kelechi

I scored 188 in jamb and 232 in putme, though I got to my cut-off mark 210(pet.) hv still not seen my name. wen is the second list coming out. and pls give us a link to check it. cuz am freaking out. and is it true dat newly admitted students would be resuming on Oct. 26. pls help me with the info (or link) abt. d 2nd and 3rd list. thanks.

• Christabel

Comments (required)xo it means dat dey cant giv me admission on 2nd batch nd i heard dat 2nd nd 3rd batch s for pd staudents pls cerify me tell me every tin

1. Christabel, that's not what I meant. The thing is that courses in Medical Sciences are quite competitive and your score, though not bad may not meet up.
      But, let me rephrase on what I think we should do for now. Let's wait and hope for the other lists to come out better before we begin to think of supplementary form.

• Christabel

Comments (required)pls sir i scored 180 n jamb nd 240 n post ume nd i applied for orthopaedic but i didnt c my name n ist list plz wots my chance of gettin admission nd my average z 210 nd a frnd dxam dept her average z 227 but she have seen ha name

1. Christabel, you didn't do bad, I don't know why you were denied admission. You may have to resort for supplementary form when it comes out.

• Egbuniwe Emmanuel Emeka

Comments (required). I score 198 in jamb n 208 in futo pume any means of having admission in pet..

1. Have you checked the admission list?

• Comments (required)hi..pls i want to know if dere is any hope of admission into futo for me dz year..i scored 253 in jamb and 200 in putme and i applied for geology though my name is not on the released list..pls what is my chance of gaining admission?

1. Anthony, you did well, I don't know why you weren't given admission. Other lists will still come out, let's be hopeful.

• Chukwudi

I scored 205 in jamb and 192 in post utme, I applied for Science lab tech and I haven't seen my name in the first list, what could be the problem? pls need answer, u can what's app me with 07082599539 or add me on 2go with chuksluv180. I need answer pls sir

1. Chukwudi, that is just the 1st batch merit list. There's still hope.

• I scored 206 in jamb nd 216 in d postume I applied for architecture wat re my chances nd I avn't seen any architectural aspirant admitted yet

• Lawrence

Please I got 192 in jamb and 224 in post utme applied for geology in futo and I didn't see my name in 1st list. Do you think dere is any problem and I chose the school as a second choice, please I need ur urgent reply. Thanks

1. Lawrence, the problem should not be that you chose them as second choice, the first list is the merit list, it only means that you did not make up to the required mark. Other lists should still come out hopefully.

• Michael

pls,i score 183 in jamb nd 192 in post jamb any hope for me in futo?biomedical tech

1. Mike, you did not do bad but your have about 60% chances.

• i swr m tayad ov dz country.. i got 70% nd 210 n jamb lst yr... unilorin ddnt gv me admission..... nw i kept futo... scored 272 n postume nd 232 n jamb... d bastards stil refused to gv me admission

1. Dixon, relax abeg. Another list should come out soon. This is just the 1st batch list.