FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Details have been released by the school authorities for the 2021/2022 academic session. Interested members of the public should see how to obtain the FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission form below.
Also See: FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission List
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form Announced
- FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form Announced
- Durations for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes
- General FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- How to Apply for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Durations for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes
Master Degree Programmes
- The Master Degree programmes are expected to last a minimum of three Semesters for full-time students and there is no part time for Master’s degree programmes. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be six semesters for full-time, subject to passing all courses at the end of each semester and maintaining a CGPA of 2.5 at the end of the course-work programme. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
- A Minimum of six semesters (three (3) academic sessions) and maximum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) for full-time students.
- A Minimum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) and maximum of fourteen semesters (seven (7) academic sessions) for part-time students respectively.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Please note that any candidate with PASS grade at either OND or HND does not qualify for admission. Generally, Full-time Students are expected to graduate normally after Three Semesters on successful completion of their programmes, subject to maintaining a minimum CGPA of 1.50 in any semester.
General FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting results and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
1. Ph.D. Programmes
- Candidates for admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate(Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
2. Master Degree Programmes
- A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
- For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPAless than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required as in the case of (ii) and (iii) above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
3. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
i. First degree in relevant areas from any recognised university.
ii. Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at HND level are eligible for admission.
iii. Candidates with PASS grade are not eligible for admission.
How to Apply for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission
- All applications for Postgraduate programmes are online through the University website; futminna.edu.ng
- Application forms will be accessible as from 31st May, 2021.
- All requested information on the online application form must be correctly, and accurately provided with current and active email addresses and phone numbers.
- Completed application forms must be submitted online through the University portal latest on 6th August, 2021. All necessary instructions on filling of the form must be adhered to otherwise it is sufficient ground to disqualify an applicant.
- Completed application forms must be printed out as they would be requested for during registration, on successful admission.
- All MTech/MEng and PhD candidates must forward official transcript of their previous degrees or PGD to;
Federal University of Technology,
Minna, Niger State.
Official transcripts could also be sent through our e-mail (email@example.com)
In addition, PhD candidates must upload their research proposals in line with their interest along with their applications before the processing of admission.
- It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the online referee reports are duly filled and submitted by the respective referees before the closing date. (Minimum of two (2) referees must be submitted on line). In addition, the referees can as well download their reports and forward the hard copies to the above address.
- All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in colour.
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of N20,000 only and later undergo the following registration formalities: screening of original credentials at Postgraduate School and payment of School fees and registration at Departments/Centres. This shall be completed within a stipulated date, beyond which the candidate loses the admission.
PAYMENT OF FEES AND THE PROCEDURES
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must undergo the following registration formalities: screening, payment of fees, and registration. This shall be completed within a stipulated date beyond which the candidate loses admission.