FUNAAB Post UTME Form and DE Screening Details
- FUNAAB Post UTME Form and DE Screening Details
- Eligibility for FUNAAB Pre-Admission Screening Exercises
- Instructions To Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Candidates
- Instructions To Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
- FUNAAB Sreening Date and Details
- FUNAAB Post UTME Screening Application Procedure
- About FUNAAB
This is to inform the general public that the Post-UTME registration wil now close on Friday, 20th September, 2019.
FUNAAB Post-UTME registration, cut-off marks, eligibility, application cost, screening date and relevant information for the 2019/2020 academic session have been announced. Cut-off mark is 180 – 200 depending on the course. Cost is N2000. Deadline is Sept 20th
13th. Screening dates to be annouced later. Details below:
Also See: FUNAAB Post UTME Result
Admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB is very competitive and involves the following processes:
- Online Admission Application on this website.
- Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (Computer-based) – UTME and DE candidates.
Successful candidates within the capacity of our institution will be offered admission and required to undergo an intensive ICT Training and Orientation Programme to prepare them for life in FUNAAB.
All applicants seeking undergraduate admission into 100, 200 and 300 Levels in the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) are hereby invited to apply online for the 2019/2020 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
Applications must be from suitably qualified candidates who have chosen the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as their First Choice of Institution on the prescribed form obtained from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Also See: FUNAAB Admission List
Eligibility for FUNAAB Pre-Admission Screening Exercises
Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is a mandatory requirement for both Direct Entry and UTME admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Change of Institution/Course
All request for or enquiries about change of institution/course should be directed to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
UTME: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
To be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise candidates must have sat for the 2019/2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 180 marks for the following programmes:
- Agricultural Administration
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Administration
- Crop Protection
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Pasture and Range Management
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Soil Science and Land Management
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Or a minimum of 200 marks for the following programmes:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
NOTE: Candidates who chose Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or Microbiology but scored between 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural programmes if they are interested
Such candidates are required to fill change of course form on JAMB portal to be eligible.
Instructions To Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Candidates
Candidate seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should note that they have the SOLE responsibility of ensuring that they meet the requirements before making any payment. If at any point it is discovered that the candidate does NOT meet the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and payment made is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Admission into Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
In addition to conditions stated in the Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, candidates are expected to possess five (5) SSC Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
A Pass in Physics at O-Level is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes.
A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Science is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes. The University does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
Candidates applying for Water Resources Management should also possess a Credit in Geography.
Instructions To Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
Candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should note that they have the SOLE responsibility of ensuring that they meet the minimum admission requirements at Ordinary Level, OND, NCE or HND before making any payment. If at any point it is discovered that the candidate does NOT meet the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and payment made is NON- REFUNDABLE.
Admission Into 200 Level Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
In addition to the minimum UTME requirement specified at O’Level, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to possess a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution. At least two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.
FUNAAB DOES NOT ACCEPT LOWER CREDIT FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION.
Direct Entry candidates, with minimum of Upper-Credit or its equivalent, who have also applied to JAMB for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) are invited to register online.
FUNAAB Sreening Date and Details
Date for the screening exercise is yet to be announced.
FUNAAB Post UTME Screening Application Procedure
Guidelines for Online Application
- Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal, click on “Apply for Admission” and enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice which states their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only, excluding REMITA charges.
- Candidates should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or Online using debit card or via Internet Banking and make payment of the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portaland complete the e-application form as appropriate.
- Application opens on thursday, 18th july, 2019 and closes on Friday, 13th September, 2019..
- Candidates are required to correctly input their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results (where applicable) and upload a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first previewand confirm the entries before clicking on Submiton the acknowledgement page.
- Candidates should thereafter print outthe Application Form displaying their passport photograph.
- Correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application. Click here for details.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture would be entertained thereafter.
- Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
Applicants are advised to confirm the Admission Requirements into respective Degree Programmes before logging in to fill the e-application form.
Only candidates with completed application before the stipulated deadline will be considered.
Ensure you provide accurate bio-data and academic information when filling your application form.
All correspondence and enquires on the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise should be directed to 08173583131, 08035231879, 08129775690 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB) was established on 1 January 1988 by the Federal Government when four Universities of Technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged. This led to the creation of the first two Universities of Agriculture in Abeokuta and Makurdi.
On the same date, Professor Nurudeen Olorun-Nimbe Adedipe was appointed the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the University. Professor Adedipe officially assumed duty on 28 January 1988. For many years the date which Professor Adedipe assumed duty was wrongly adopted as the foundation day of the University. Following a revisit to the instrument setting up the University, a Council decision at its 53rd Statutory meeting in June 2010 reverted the foundation date to 1 January 1988 as prescribed by the law which established the University.
Prior to the emergence of FUNAAB, the Federal Government had established the Federal University of Technology, Abeokuta (FUTAB) in 1983. Then, in 1984, it was merged with the University of Lagos and had its name changed to the College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta (COSTAB), before the demerger of January, 1988.