Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Post-UTME Screening for the 2017/2018 session has been announced – See details below.
All applicants seeking undergraduate admission into 100, 200 and 300 Levels in the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) are hereby invited to apply online for the 2017/2018 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
Applications must be from suitably qualified candidates whose have chosen the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as the Most Preferred Institution on the prescribed form obtainable for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is a mandatory requirement for both Direct Entry and UTME admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Candidates
Candidate seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should note that they have the SOLE responsibility of ensuring that they meet the requirements before making any payment. If at any point it is discovered that the candidate does NOT meet the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and payment made is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Admission into Agriculture, Engineering, Bio-sciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
In addition to conditions stated in the Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, candidates are expected to possess five (5) SSC Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
A Pass in Physics at O-Level is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes.
A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Sciences is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes. The University does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
Candidates applying for Water Resources Management should also possess a Credit in Geography.
The Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is Computer-based and holds on Wednesday, 27th September, 2017 and Thursday, 28th September, 2017. UTME and DE candidates are to visit FUNAAB Admission Portal from Saturday, 23th September, 2017 to check and print the schedule (venue, date and time) for their Computer-Based Test.
Applications for refund on losing admissions offer will not be entertained. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure they meet the minimum admission requirements before making payment for acceptance of admission offer.
Ensure you read and carefully follow the application procedure.
Admission Into 200 Level (Direct Entry) Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
In addition to the minimum UTME requirement specified at O’Level, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to possess a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution. At least two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.
FUNAAB DOES NOT ACCEPT LOWER CREDIT FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION.
Change of Course
All requests for or enquiries about change of course should be directed to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
UTME: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
To be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise candidates must have sat for the 2017/2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 180 marks for the following programmes:
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management,
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development,
- Animal Nutrition,
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health,
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management,
- Animal Breeding and Genetics,
- Agricultural Administration,
- Crop Protection,
- Environmental Management and Toxicology,
- Forestry and Wildlife Management,
- Pasture and Range Management,
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology,
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production,
- Soil Science and Land Management,
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Or a minimum of 200 marks for the following programmes:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
NOTE: Candidate who chose Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or Microbiology but scored between 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural programmes if they are interested
Direct Entry: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
Candidates should ensure that their Academic Transcripts are forwarded to the Registrar, FUNAAB not later than Tuesday, 31st October, 2017.
Mode of Application
The application is in various stages.
Stage A (Expression of Interest): by inputting your 10-digits JAMB Registration Number, a form is displayed to obtain basic information about you which will be used to generate your Pre-Admission Screening Application Invoice of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only excluding REMITA fees. Print the Invoice and proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) for payment or pay Online using a Debit Card or Internet Banking.
Stage B (Application): Stage B (Application): at this stage your bio-data, photographs, academic records and other relevant information are collected over several pages. Ensure you save each page as you proceed. You can logout at any stage of the process and pick up from where you stopped later. On the last page (Acknowledgement Page) you will be required to confirm the accuracy of the information supplied. Ensure you carefully review your entry before submission. Note that after submission, you CANNOT readily make any alteration. On submission, print your generated Application Form
NOTE: Ensure you read the Guideline for Registration, Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, UMTE information and Direct Entry information before progressing. You may NOT be able to complete your application without meeting the requirements.
Guidelines for Online Application
- Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal, click on “Apply for Admission” and enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice which states their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only, excluding REMITA fees.
- Candidates should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or Online using debit card or via Internet Banking and make payment of the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portaland complete the e-application form as appropriate.
- Application opens on Wednesday, 6th September, 2017 and closes on Thursday, 21st September, 2017 (12 noon).
- Candidates are required to correctly input their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results (where applicable) and upload a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first previewand confirm the entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page.
- Candidates should thereafter print outthe Application Form displaying their passport photograph.
- Correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application. Click here for details.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture would be entertained.
- Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
- The Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is Computer-based and holds on Wednesday, 27th September, 2017and Thursday, 28th September, 2017. UTME and DE candidates are to visit FUNAAB Admission Portal from Saturday, 23th September, 2017 to check and print the schedule (venue, date and time) for their Computer-Based Test.
- DE candidates are further expected to have submitted their transcript not later than Tuesday, 31st October, 2017 and can check their Transcript Processing Status for verification.
All correspondence and enquires on the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise should be directed to 08033764676, 08035231879, 08129775690 or e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.