The list of courses offered by Federal University, Dutse (FUD) are displayed on this page. Candidates who wish to apply through JAMB should click on any of the courses to see the course requirements.
About Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
The Federal University Dutse, is one of the nine universities created by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2011. FUD offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs The Federal University, Dutse held its first convocation ceremony on January 16, 2016.
The federal University Dutse (FUD), received its charter, along with eight other newly established Federal Universities, from the federal Government of Nigeria on February 9, 2011. The University’s campus is located in the capital of Jigawa state, Dutse, an ancient town in the north western Nigeria. The University’s host town, Dutse, offers the charm of a small agricultural town, with easy access to major metropolitan areas such as Kano, Bauchi, Maiduguri, and Kaduna. The university recognizes the importance of its location in Dutse and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of these great metropolitan areas in the surrounding states.
FUD seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many universities and higher educational institutions in Nigeria and across the world. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to covey the products of its efforts to the community, the nation, and the world.
List of Courses Offered at Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
Here is a list of courses offered by Federal University, Dutse (FUD) and all candidates interested in studying at the institution are encouraged to take note:
- Computer Science
- English Language
- Environmental Management And Toxicology
- Sociology and Anthropology
Latest: NUC Approves 37 Programmes for FUD
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved the commencement of thirty seven programmes at the Federal University Dutse.
This was disclosed by the Vice-Chancellor Professor Fatima Batul Mukhtar at a press briefing. The VC who described the success of the recent resource verification exercise as unprecedented in the history of the University said the result of the exercise for about 37 programmes came back positive adding that the University stall commence these programmes in the 2018/2019 academic session.
FULL TEXT OF A PRESS BRIEFING BY THE VICE – CHANCELLOR, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE. PROFESSOR FATIMA BATUL MUKHTAR ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER II, 2018 AT THE SENATE CHAMBER OFTHE UNIVERSITY
- Good morning gentlemen of the press. I am pleased to welcome you to this special press briefing on the outcome of the recent Resource Verification Exercise conducted by the National Universities Commission on Academic Programmes the university intends to mount this 2018/2019 academic session.
- Some of you here may recall that during the last pre-convocation press briefing in March this year. I informed you that the university shall establish the Faculty of Management Sciences during the 2018/2019 academic session. In our resolve to expand access to education while maintaining academic excellence . we did not only present programmes in the Faculty of Management Sciences for Resource Verification by NUC. we also included programmes in a newly establish Faculty of Computing. Postgraduate programmes were also presented for Resource verification.
- I am happy you inform you that the result of the Resource Verification Exercise for about 37 programmes came back positive. We have been certified by NUC to begin the following programmes.
This I must say is a major achievement of this administration. The expanded programmes will deepened access to education and bring variety ofcourses to prospecting students. Having achieved this, we would work assiduously to meet the challenges of NUC accreditation exercise when the time comes.
My next target is the establishment of Faculty of Education. This too I intend to achieve by the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
At this juncture. I would like to commend the governing council, management and staff of the Federal University Dulse for the maximum support they have given me so far. I pledge to continue to do my best to consolidate on the achievements of the university.
May I also thank the government and good people of Jigawa state for their support and cooperation.