About Fed Poly Ukana
The Federal Government of Nigeria in pursuance to the Act to establish Polytechnics in various parts of the country approved the establishment of the Federal Polytechnic, Ukana in Akwa Ibom State on Monday 9th June, 2014. The Pioneer management team was also appointed by the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan on the same date. The 4 – member Management team comprises the following:
The institution was given the mandate to commence academic activities in September, 2014 for the 2014/2015 academic session. The above development has receive the full support of the Government of Akwa Ibom State under the leadership of the Governor, Chief (Dr) Godswill Obot Akpabio (CON). The take-off machinery was set-up immediately by the State Government to assist the Institution. Among this was the concession of the newly completed Vocational/Technical Training Centre at Ukana, Essien Udim for use as the take-off (temporary) campus. An inter-ministerial working committee for the take-off of the Polytechnic was also inaugurated to co-ordinate the pioneering activities for early and smooth take-off.
Our philosophy is reflected in the provision of courses of instruction, training and research in technology, applied science, environmental studies, commerce, management and other fields of study aimed at producing sub-professionals who will be capable of performing at acceptable standards for development, and adopting appropriate techniques at problem-solving to the society.
Schools and Departments
- School of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- School of Applied Sciences
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Computer Science
- School of Environmental Studies
- Architectural Technology
- Estate Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Quantity Survey
- Survey and Geo-informatics
- School of Business and Management
- Business Administration
- Office Technology and Management
Fed Poly Ukana 2015/2016 Remedial Programme Admission Form Information
The school authorities and management of Federal Polytechnic, Ukana in Akwa Ibom State hereby duly invites applications from all suitably qualified candidates, for the admission into the Remedial Programme for the 2015/2016 academic session.
Any candidate that has attempted O’Level Certificate examination (WAEC/NECO –SSCE & GCE, NABTEB etc) that meets the requirements below:
1. Candidates for SCIENCE Programme must possess a minimum of 3 O’level credits in not more than two (2) sittings in the following subjects:
English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Computer Studies
2. Candidates for Arts Programme must possess a minimum of 3 O’level credits in not more than two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Economics, Government, History, Literature in English, Geography and Christian Religious Studies
Candidates admitted into the Remedial Programme are expected to register and pass the O’Level Certificate examination (WAEC/NECO –SSCE & GCE, NABTEB etc) in the subjects they are deficient in.
Duration of Programme:
The programme is for a period of one academic session.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of five thousand five hundred naira (N5,500.00) only at the designated banks below, nation-wide and obtain eTransact payment receipt.
i. UBA Plc
ii. First Bank Plc
iii. Ecobank Plc
iv. Zenith Bank
Candidates name MUST be consistent on all their documents, i.e. O’Level certificates and other relevant documents.
STEP 1: Make payment of application form fee stated above at any of the banks specified and obtain an eTranzact receipt
STEP 2: Logon to www.fedpolyukana.edu.ng and click on the Remedial Studies Application Form link
STEP 3: Enter the Confirmation Order number on the your eTranzact Receipt to validate your payment
STEP 4: Fill the online application form displayed accordingly. Ensure that you provide accurate O’level information and upload your passport.
STEP 5: Print a copy of the completed form and keep it while you wait for the short listing of names of successful candidates
The closing date for application is 12 Midnight on Friday, 23rd August, 2015.
1) Presentation of false documents/certificates will result in outright disqualification of the candidate.
2) List of shortlisted candidates will be published here on 1st September, 2015.