Latest: Fed Poly Nekede Releases COVID-19 Protocol for School Resumption
At its emergency meeting, the management of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri (FPNO) deliberated on the measures to put in place to ensure Covid- 19 free environment as students are back for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Management decided as follows:
- That each student must wear a face mask before entering the school premises.
- That any student who does not wear face mask will not be allowed to enter into the exam hall.
- That the students who already have their own face mask and hand sanitizers should come along with it.
- This management directive supersedes the former memo reference number FPN/R/224/S/185 circulated.
The above management directive is for your information and necessary action.
Earlier: Fed Poly Nekede Resumption Date for Continuation of 2019/2020 Session
The academic board of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede at its 575th Meeting held on Wednesday, 4th November 2020 considered and approved the resumption of academic activities in the institution for the continuation of the 2019/2020 session on Saturday, 14th November 2020.
Consequently, all students of the institution are expected to resume lectures/revisions on Monday, 16th November 2020 while the first-semester examination commences from Monday, 23rd November 2020.
Nekede Poly resumption date for continuation of 2019/2020 session
In line with the Federal Government directives and the need to comply with the NCDC guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19, all students are expected to observe the following protocols;
1) Use of face masks especially in lecture rooms, hostel, etc
2) Physical distancing at all times
3) Washing of hands with soap on running water for at least 20 seconds
4) Use of hand sanitizers where there is no running water
5) Avoid crowded activities/environment
6) Use of tissue paper/handkerchief to cover your mouth while coughing
Everyone is required to be at alert and report anybody with high temperature/fever and other minor signs of COVID-19 to the appropriate quarters for prompt attention/action.
Please, it is the management’s desire to ensure a healthy academic environment for all. Everyone is expected to adhere strictly to the above-stated protocols for the benefits of all.
With God Almighty on our side, we shall all overcome and win this war.
Please be guided accordingly.
Earlier: Fed Poly Nekede Releases Notice on Resumption for Staff
Fed Poly Nekede Resumption Date: The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri has released a memo to the polytechnic community on the full resumption of staff to work.
The memo read thus;
Please recall that in our memo referenced FPN/R/82/IV/99 dated 24th March 2020, some categories of staff were asked to work from home.
In line with the latest directive from the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, all categories of staff from level one (1) to level nine (9) (Teaching and Non-Teaching) that have not been coming to work since March 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19 are by this memo directed to resume work from Monday,19th October 2020.
Deans/Heads of divisions and departments are requested to bring the content of this memo to the attention of their staff.