Ebonyi State University (EBSU) admission into Pre-degree programmes for the 2017/2018 session has been announced – See how to apply below.
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) admission into Pre-degree programmes for the 2017/2018 session has been announced – See how to apply below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the one year intensive Pre-Degree programme of Ebonyi State University for the 2017/2018 Session.
SCOPE AND BENEFITS OF THE SCHOOL PROGRAMME
The Pre-Degree school prepares candidates for the following examinations:
i. Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Examination (JAMB/UTME).
ii. EBSU Pre-Degree internal examination qualifies successful candidates (with national minimum UTME score) for consideration for admission into any EBSU main degree programmes.
iii. The programme equally serves as a remedial programme for candidates preparing for O’Level examinations, but it is not a substitute to O’Level requirement for main course admission.
iv. In addition, the EBSU Pre-Degree Programme also gives intensive training to students in Basic Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
OTHER ADMISSIONS BENEFITS
Successful Pre-Degree candidates are meant to benefit specially from the JAMB admission quota reserved for prelim candidates. Please note that successful candidates from the Pre Degree Programme are expected to also obtain the minimum UTME score through JAMB/UTEM and have to make Ebonyi State University their first choice university in JAMB to qualify for admission consideration.
MAIN UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES WHERE SUCCESSFUL PRE-DEGREE GRADUATES CAN BE ADMITTED
Successful 2017/2018 pre-degree candidates shall be eligible for admission into all Programme of EBSU. The Programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session shall include the following:
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
1. ACCOUNTING 2. BANKING AND FINANCE 3. MANAGEMENT 4. MARKETING 5. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
1. AGRIC. ECONOMICS & MAGR. EXTENSION 2. ANIMAL SCIENCE, FISHERIES & AQUACULTURE3. FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 4. SOIL & ENVIORNMENTAL MANAGEMENT 5. CROP & LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT
HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE 2. NURSING SCIENCE
1. ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;(a) ECONOMICS EDUCATION (b) SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION (c) ENGLISH EDUCATION (d) RELIGION EDUCATON (e) IGBO EDUCATION 2. BUSINESS EDUCATION, WITH OTPIONS IN; (a) SECRETARIAL STUDIES (b) ACCOUNTING EDUCATION 3. EDUCATION FOUNDATION, WITH OPTIONS IN; (a) ADMIN. AND PLANNING EDUCATION (b) GUIDANCE & COUNSELING EDUCATION 4. HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS I(a) HUMAN KINETICS EDUCATION (b) HEALTH EDUCATION 5. SCIENCE AND COMPUTER EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;(a) PHYSICS EDUCATION (b) CHEMISTRY EDUCATION (c) BIOLOGY EDUCATION (d) MATHEMATICS EDUCATION (e) INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION (f) COMPUTER EDUCATION 6. TECHNOLOGY & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (TVE), WITH OPTIONS IN;(a) ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING EDUCATION(b) AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION (c) BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (d) WOODWORK EDUCATION (e) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION (f) HOME ECONOMICS EDUCATION
1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY 2. ANATOMY
1. APPLIED BIOLOGY 2. APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY 3. BIOTECHNOLOGY 4. INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS 5. COMPUTER SCIENE 6. GEOLOGY 7. INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS 8. BIOCHEMISTRY
SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES
1. ECONOMICS 2. POLITICAL SCIENCE 3. PSYCHOLOGY 4. SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY 5. MASS COMMUNICATION 6. FRENCH 7. HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATION 8. LINGUISTICS/IGBO 9. ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE 10. LINGUISTICS 11. PHILOSOPHY 12. RELIGIOUS STUDIES
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must, have five (5) credits in GCE O’Level, NECO or SSCE at not more than two sittings.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The Programme is designed for one academic year which shall last for a minimum of ten (10) calendar months.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application forms are obtainable online, on purchase of four thousand five hundred naira (N4,500) EBSU PreDegree Scratch Card payable to Pre-Degree School; Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki; Account Number: 0007910095, Diamond Bank Plc, Abakaliki, CAS Annex (Branch).
(b) With the scratch cards, prospective candidates should access and complete the application form at www-ebsuai.edu.ng.
Sale of admission scratch cards starts on 4th September, 2017 and ends on 29th November, 2017 while lectures will commence on 29th November, 2017.