Home » School News » List of Documents to You Need for Your School’s Clearance Exerci...

List of Documents to You Need for Your School’s Clearance Exercise

List of Documents to Get Ready for Your School’s Clearance Exercise

First of all, congratulations to all the candidates who have been offered admission into various undergraduate programmes of their various schools of choice. Same time, we wish all those yet to be offered admission all the best.

Now that you’ve gotten admission, you should know that your journey just began. Yes! You saw that right. Getting admission into a University, Polytechnic, College of Education or any other tertiary institution in Nigeria is not just the beginning. Keeping the admission is another thing all together.

Also See: How to Confirm Admission Status and Accept Your Admission

You should also know that there is another screening still remaining for you.

Screening again? Yes, but this time you will not be writing an examination, like during JAMB or Post-UTME exercise. This time, all your credentials will be screened and if there is any misappropriation you might just loose that admission you work so hard to get.

But you don’t have to get so scared, if you have all the documents listed below in place.

So in preparation for your registration and clearance in school, I’ve written down the list of documents you will need during the screening exercise.

The lists of documents you’ll need during screening are as follows:

Also See: List of Schools Whose Admission Lists Have Been Released

Post-UTME / DE Screening Result:

This is optional, since it’s not all schools that write exams during Post-UTME screening. So if your school wrote a Post-UTME or Direct Entry Screening examination e.g. like FUTMINNA, you are required to provide your result slip during your school screening.

JAMB Original Result:

We all know this. This is a result you print from JAMB website. It contains your scores of each subject you wrote and your passport. You should print this from a colour printer. Direct Entry candidates don’t need this. If you don’t have your JAMB Original result, CLICK HERE to print yours NOW.

JAMB Acknowledgement Slip:

JAMB acknowledgement slip is ONLY meant for Direct Entry candidates, this is just a proof that you register for JAMB Direct Entry exercise. Some schools might require that UTME candidates should bring it also, so we advise you to go along with it during screening to be on a safe side.

JAMB Admission Letter:

This document is printed from JAMB’s website. Both UTME and DE candidates should have this. If you have been offered admission, you can proceed to and JAMB Accredited CBT Centre to print your admission letter.

School Admission Letter:

Few schools make available their admission letter online for printing. i.e. you print your admission letter from the school’s website. School like FUTMINNA practice this, while other schools like BUK only make available an UNOFFICIAL Admission Letter on their site, which candidates will use to collect the original OFFICIAL Admission Letter in school later on. Others on the other hand, give this to students in school e.g. KADPOLY.

A’level Result:

This result is ONLY meant for Direct Entry Candidates, if you are a JAMBITE ignore this. A’level result is basically your ND, NID, IJMB, Diploma, NCE certificates etc.

O’level Result:

This is just basically your WAEC, NECO or NABTEB result. Both UTME and Direct Entry Candidates MUST provide this.

Secondary School Testimonial:

Most schools require this document. It’s a proof to show that you finished from the secondary school you claimed during your registrations.

FSLC or Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLC):

First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) is your Primary School leaving certificate. Both UTME and DE candidates MUST possess this document during screening exercise.

Primary School Testimonial:

This document is totally different from your FSLC listed above. Though, most schools don’t require this document as your FSLC certificate is good enough for them. But anyway, to be on a safer side you should have this document also.

Birth Certificate / Declaration of Age:

We should all know this. This is basically important as it’s the first prove to show that you are a citizen of Nigeria. But in a situation when you don’t have a Birth Certificate, you can also use a Declaration of Age. So if you don’t have a birth certificate, just go to any high court closest to you and to get a Declaration of Age document for nothing less than N500 (depending on the location of the court). This is compulsory for both UTME and DE candidates.

LGA Certificate:

This is your Local Government Area (LGA) certificate, this document proofs that you are from the local government you claim during your JAMB and Post-UTME screening registrations. Most schools prefer that candidates should come along the LGA certificates directly from their Local Government Area to that of Liaison Offices. All Candidates should have this document.


Proof of payments (tellers), Post-UTME registration slip, JAMB registration slip, and every little piece of paper you value as credential might just be useful for you as you can really predict all the documents that may be required of you during screening. So we advise you to carry every little piece of valuable paper along.

We believe that if you can provide the necessary documents amongst the listed ones above, you are go to go for your screening / clearance exercise.

If you feel we omitted any document, please feel free to notify us using the comment box below.

Or if you have any question, you can also use the comment box, we’ll be glad to help.

All the best in your studies.


Originally written and compiled by:

Lucky Ajidoku

Email: luckingz.ajidoku@gmail.com

Blog: www.studyinnaija.blogspot.com


Sharing is caring!

Share Tweet Email WhatsApp

Want to be notified anytime there's a new post? Subscribe here to get the latest updates delivered to your email address by Google Feedburner.

See More Under:


  • Esther Njoku

    What if I don't have my first school leaving certificate can I make use of my testimonial

  • Olawale

    If I use two results, am I going to use two testimonials too?

  • Olawale

    Is my sim used for jamb registration needed

  • Olawale

    The school form I register is it compulsory to bring it along while coming for screening because my form has been misplaced

  • Jeremiah

    Will they also need my junior school testimonial

  • Jonah

    My FSLC and WAEC certificate was burnt , please can I swear Affidavit In federal high court and use my GCE results for admission