Covenant University Postgraduate Academic Calendar: This is to inform all postgraduate students of Covenant University (CU) that, the management of the institution has released the revised academic calendar for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The breakdown of the academic calendar is as follows:
Covenant University Postgraduate Academic Calendar, 2019/2020 Session
1. 2019/2020 Omega Semester Resumption ——Monday, October 5, 2020
2. Crashed Omega Lectures —–Friday, October 9, 2020
3. Final Project Defence —– Friday, October 9, 2020
4. Circulation of the 2019/2020 Omega Semester ExaminationTime-table ——-October 12 – 16, 2020
5. 2019/2020 Omega Semester Examinations —— November 2 – 13, 2020
6. Week of Spiritual Emphasis —– November 2 – 6, 2020
7. Preparation & Circulation of 2020/2021 Alpha Semester Lecture Timetable —November 9 – 13, 2020
8. Marking and Grading of Examination Scripts —– November 16 – 20, 2020
9. Alpha Semester 2020/2021 Session Begins – Registration —– Monday, November 23, 2020
10. Lectures for Alpha Semester 2020/2021 Session Begins —- Wednesday, November 25, 2020
All returning postgraduate students should note the following:
COVID-19 and Medical Screening.
Every student is to be allowed back to school ONLY after certification of fitness to resume,
1. All returning postgraduate students are to ensure they resume to campus with the following
infection prevention and control materials:
a). Facemask (at least 2 pieces).
b). Face shield.
c). A bottle of hand sanitizer (500 ml).
2. All returning postgraduate students that will be accommodated at Postgraduate Hall of Residence MUST undergo COVID-19 Screening/Clearance.
3. COVID-19 screening/clearances will hold at the Clearance Centre (CUSS ground).
4. All returning students are required to pay a COVID-19 Screening fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only).
5. Payments will be at the Clearance Centre.
6. Screening will include:
a). Temperature check.
b). Travel history checks.
c). COVID 19 screening (Rapid Diagnostic Test -RDT).
d). Disinfection of students’ bags and other materials.
7. Any suspected case will be required to return back for further checks and such a student shall return ONLY with a certificate from NCDC.
8. COVID-19 Screening/Clearance opens 8.00am and closes at 8.00pm daily.
9. All students expected per day MUST wait at the reception ground (car park) to access the
10. Guardians are to stay within the car park and inside their vehicles while the screening last.
ONLY students will be admitted unto the Clearance ground.
11. Resumption details:
All Postgraduate students are required to resume on Monday, October 5, 2020.
Regular Medical Checks and Dress Code.
12. Routine medical checks will continue as a final medical clearance for all students.
University dress code and rules subsist and must be observed at all times.
Resumption Committee 2019/2020
Earlier: Covenant University Undergraduate Academic Calendar Released for 2019/2020 Session:
The school management of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, has released the academic calendar for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Covenant University Academic Calendar, 2019/2020
|1||Shiloh/Christmas Break||Nov 30 – Jan 5||5 Weeks|
|2||Second half Alpha Semester (classes)||Jan 6 – Feb 9||5 Weeks|
|3||Alpha Semester Examination||Feb 10 – Feb 28||3 Weeks|
|4||Alpha Semester Departure||Feb 29||—|
|5||Alpha Semester Holiday||Feb 29 – Mar 14||2 Weeks|
|6||Omega Semester Resumption||Mar 15||—|
|9||Omega Semester (classes)||Mar 16 – Jun 26||15 Weeks|
|10||Omega Semester Examination||Jun 29 – Jul 17||3 Weeks|
|11||Omega Semester Departure||Jul 18||—|
|12||Convocation||Aug 26 – Aug 29, 2020|
|13||SWEP||Jul 20 – Sept 11, 2020||8 Weeks|
|14||Alpha Semester Resumption||Sept 20, 2020|