Latest: BUK Registration Deadline Extended, 2018/2019
The management of Bayero University, Kano (BUK) wishes to inform all students that undergraduate registration for the 2018/2019 session has been extended to 7th of April, 2019 (Final Extension).
All students are hereby advised to do their course registration before the deadline has no complaints will be entertain.
Any returning student that does not complete his/her registration before the stipulated time is advised to suspend his/her academic activities till next session.
Earlier: BUK Registration Procedure for New and Returning Students, 2018/2019
BUK Registration Procedure: The management of Bayero University Kano wishes to inform her new and returning students that Registration for 2018/2019 academic session has commenced. And will be in this order:
BUK Registration Procedure for Fresh and Returning Students
This is to inform all the newly admitted and returning students of the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) that the management of the institution has released the registration procedure and timetable for the 2018/2019 academic session.
ALL activities related to undergraduate registration will close on Sunday, 17th of March 2019. Students are advised to conclude all course registration activities before the closing date as complains relating to registration would not be entertained after the closing date.
- All students whether fresh or returning need to authenticate their studentship from http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/ug/authentication.php before starting the registration process.
- Fresh students need their (i) Admission letter serial number, (ii) Application Number and (iii) Registration Number for authentication. Fresh students are free to choose their password at the point of authentication. After successful authentication, a username is generated for a student.
- Returning students need their (i) Registration Number, (ii) Last Session’s Username and (iii) Last Session’s Password for authentication. Returning students have a choice of changing their password at the point of authentication.
- All passwords must be at least 6 characters long and are case-sensitive.
- After successful authentication, students can use their respective username and password to login (http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/ug/login.php) in order to start or continue with the registration process.
C. Registration Procedure
The registration procedure is as follows:
i) Profile Update: Students must first update their profile. Note that students are strongly advised to update their phone numbers and emails as they are used on their BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF).
ii) Student Information Form (S.I.F.): After profile update students can generate and download/print their Student Information Form (SIF).
iii) BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF): Students must generate, download and print a BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). Registration fees are reflected on student’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and e-Collection platform (click here for the payment procedure). Make sure you carefully read, understand and follow the payment procedure, as BUK will not be liable for any lost of funds as a result of incorrect data entry. Students must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Students must also ensure that
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF. Note that Payer (Payer’s Full Name, Payer’s Email, Payer’s Phone) means the student, so even if the student is not the one making the payment (payment by proxy) make sure to use the student information. Any misinformation may lead to unnecessary delay in validating and processing of payment. Payments are usually validated and processed within 24/48 hours of making payment. NOTE THAT ALL FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER PAYMENT
iv) Student Payment Receipt (S.P.R.): After payment is validated and processed, students must generated and download/print Student Payment Receipt (SPR) in order to continue with the registration.
v) Course Registration: After printing the SPR, a student can register his/her courses. Students are strongly advised to seek the guidance of their respective level coordinators on the courses they are supposed to register with any limitations and/or restrictions.
vi) Course Registration Form (C.R.F.): After course registration students must generate and download/print the Course Registration Form (CRF). The CRF contains the details of the registered courses.
vii) Registration Acknowledgement Slip (R.A.S.): After printing the CRF, students can print the Registration Acknowledgement Slip (RAS) to acknowledge that they have successfully completed their registration process.
Students can logout and continue the registration at a later time.
- Registration means paying the appropriate registration fees AND REGISTERING FOR COURSES without any delay.
- Both Fresh and Returning Students are expected to contact their Level Coordinators for guidance before the Course Registration.
- Senate has directed that any student who fails to register within the specified time has to apply for Suspension of Studies for the Session within two weeks. Those who fail to apply for Suspension of Studies within specified time would be considered withdrawn from the University. No Suspension of Studies for Fresh Students.
- The Senate decision will be strictly enforced. YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE!
Earlier: BUK Postgraduate Registration Procedure and Deadline, 2017/2018
This is to announce to both Fresh and Returning Postgraduate students of Bayero Universiry, Kano (BUK) that registration commenced on Monday 19th of February 2018.
Students are to note that PAYMENT will close on Friday, 2nd of March 2018. and ALL other activities related to postgraduate registration will close on Sunday, 4th of March 2018.
Students are advised to conclude all course registration activities before the closing date as complains relating to registration would not be entertained after the closing date.
Students are to proceed to http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/sps/registration_guidelines.php to commence the registration process.
Please ensure you read up the procedure and guidelines on the page before commencing the registration process.