BUK Admission List has been released for the 2018/2019 academic session. If you participated in the BUK Post UTME screening exercise or you know someone that did, see how to check your admission status below.
How to Check BUK Admission List on School Portal
This is to inform all the candidates that participated in the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) post UTME screening exercise that the management of the university has released the names of successfully admitted candidates on the school’s website. Follow the procedure below to check your status:
- Visit the admission status checking portal at http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/myBUKAdmission/.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number in the required column.
- Select your state of origin and your Gender.
- Then, click on ‘Generate Admission Letter’ to see if you have been admitted into BUK.
The BUK admission list is also available on the school’s notice board within the school Campus. See screenshot below.
You can visit the school to check or ask someone there to help you. Hopefully, anytime soon the list will also be made accessible on the school portal for easy access. Note that you can also check now on JAMB CAPS via the procedure below.
Candidates who are yet to upload their O’ level results, are expected to upload it, Accept the offer of admission and Print their Admission Letters.
How to Check BUK Admission List on JAMB CAPS
Bayero University, Kano (BUK) admission list contains the names of candidates offered provisional admission into the university various undergraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
For now, BUK admission list is only accessible on JAMB admission status checking portal, follow the procedure outlined below to access your admission status:
- Visit: jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Log in to your Jamb profile by entering your username and password.
- Scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Then, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your BUK admission status.
- Successfully admitted candidates should login to the JAMB website to accept/reject the offer. See the procedure below.
- Candidates whose admission status show “not admitted” should keep checking the JAMB website for further updates.
How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Once you have logged in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”. (See figure above)
- Click on this “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS” and you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS portal.
- After clicking on “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your admission status.
- If you have been given admission, you can now go ahead to accept or reject the admission.
After Admission, What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that BUK is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay BUK’s acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else.
- The next information you need to find out is BUK school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to BUK’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with BUK’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in BUK.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant, than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Congratulations on your admission. All the best!