Benue State University, BSU acceptable dress code for students has been released. See details below.
This is to inform the public and students of Benue State University (BSU) that the Management of the Benue State University (BSU) has released the List of acceptable and unacceptable Dress Codes for Male and Female Students in the University Campuses and Environments.
Management announced the implementation of its policy on Dress Code for her students with effect from the beginning of the 2018/2019 Academic Session which is in its 4th week.
While hinting on the plan to introduce an acceptable Dress Code for students of the University, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Msugh Moses Kembe said it was intended to instil discipline, restore self-esteem and dignity in students of the University.
An old adage should guide us all which says: “as you dress so you are addressed”.
List of Some Prohibited Clothing in BSU
- Dress that exposes any sensitive parts of the body e.g chest, back, naval, thighs and armpit (clothes that reveals the armpit when arms are raised e.g sleeveless and half sleeves)
- Tight fitting wears
- Transparent / See Through Dresses
- Tattered Jeans / Ripped Jeans
- T-Shirts with Obscene Inscription, depicting immorality, hooliganism e.t.c
- Inedible markings and body tattoos by students
- Leggings Trousers with short tops
- Skimpy dresses e.g Spaghetti, body hugs, topless blouse, and shorts
- Bathroom Slippers within the administrative and academic areas
- Heavy make-ups
- Sagging Trousers
- Wearing of earrings by male students
- Combat short knickers.