Benue State University (BSU) was established by the Benue State Government with the enactment of the Benue State University Edict No. 1 of 1991.
The University took off in the 1992/93 academic year with four faculties, namely, Arts, Education, Science and Social Sciences. Two Faculties, Law and Management Sciences came on stream in the 1993/94 academic year.
A post graduate school took off in the 1998/1999 academic year while the College of Health Sciences was established in the 2003/2004 academic session.
The University took off Nineteen years ago during the tenure of Late Rev. Fr. Moses Orshio Adasu as Executive Governor of Benue State. Adasu, therefore became the first Visitor of the University.
BSU 2015/2016 Registration Guidelines For New Remedial Students
1. Confirm your admission status at either Union Bank Plc, or Unity Bank (opposite NEPA Office), Otukpo road (₦400).
2. Pay for acceptance letter and school fees using the following:
* 1. Union Bank Plc, Otukpo Road only – (Acct. No. – 0025169550)
* 2. Unity Bank (Opposite NEPA Office) – (Acct. No. – 0022927770)
* Student’s No. – Your application number
* Session: 2015/2016
* Payment type:
* Acceptance letter (₦5,000.00)
* School Fees (whole session)
* – Indigenes – ₦60,000.00
* – Non-Indigene – ₦100,000.00
* – Programme: Preliminary Science
3. Collect your receipt from the bank after payment, take it to bursary Department for verification, and proceed to Preliminary science Office for registration with the following:
A. Original of admission Letter
B. Receipt of Fees paid
C. Original WAEC and/or NECO result(s)
D. Original L.G.A. certificate
E. Original Birth Certificate
F. 5 passport size photograph
G. 1 photocopy each of A-E above
Lectures shall commence fully on 16th November, 2015.