Bowen University Admission List Released
- Bowen University Admission List Released
- How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- After Admission, What Next?
- Bowen University Guidelines on Payment of Acceptance Fees
This is to inform all candidates who participated in the screening exercise of Bowen University that the List of candidates offered provisional admission to Bowen University for 2018/2019 academic session have been published.
The PDF admission list uploaded below is accessible and downloadable.
All Batches of Admission Lists Released
How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Once you have logged in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”.
- Click on this “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS” and you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS page
- After clicking on “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your JAMB admission status.
- If you have been given admission, you can now go ahead to accept or reject the admission.
After Admission, What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that Bowen University is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else. See the acceptance fee payment guidelines below.
- The next information you need to find out is Bowen University school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to Bowen University’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with Bowen University’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in Bowen University.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant, than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Congratulations on your admission. All the best!
Admitted candidates are to kindly the instructions below:
Bowen University Guidelines on Payment of Acceptance Fees
All candidates shortlisted for provisional admission are to note the following important information.
Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable Acceptance Fee as stated below:
Medicine: ₦165,000 (One Hundred and sixty-five thousand Naira only)
Law: ₦125, 000 (One hundred and twenty-five thousand Naira only)
Nursing and Physiotherapy: ₦100, 000 (One hundred thousand Naira only)
Other Programmes: ₦75, 000 (Seventy-five thousand naira only)
This offer of provisional admission will lapse at the close of work on Friday, 13th July, 2018 for MBBS, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Law candidates if the non-refundable acceptance fee is not paid on or before that date, while the offer will lapse for other candidates on Tuesday, 31st July, 2018.
This offer of provisional admission will lapse at the close of work on Tuesday, 31st July, 2018 for Physiotherapy and Law candidates if the non-refundable acceptance fee is not paid on or before that date, while the offer will lapse for other candidates on Wednesday, 15th August, 2018.
This offer of provisional admission will lapse at the close of work of Wednesday, 15th August 2018 for Nursing, Physiotherapy and Law candidates if the non-refundable acceptance fee is not paid on or before that date, while the offer will lapse for other candidates on Friday, 24th August, 2018.
This offer of provisional admission will lapse at the close of work on Friday, 10th August, 2018 for MB;BS,candidates, if the non-refundable acceptance fee is not paid on or before that date.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Please note that the selection of candidates was based on merit and available quota/vacancy in each programme. However, candidates may wish to apply for a change of course if they are not satisfied with the one offered them (Please note that there is no change of course to the MBBS, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Law Programmes) For further details please contact the Admissions Office on 09036206970 and 07085434397.
ON-LINE PAYMENT OF ACCEPTANCE FEE
Candidates who applied on-line for admission to Bowen University could make payment through on-line portal on the University website by using their e-mail address and UTME registration number. Visit www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng and select undergraduate admission link and login as a returning user. Thereafter, follow the instructions. Please note that this is only applicable to candidates who processed their application form online such candidates do not need to appear physically in the University before payment of acceptance fee and collection of admission letter. They can do all on-line by following the above stated procedure.
PAYMENT VIA POST OR COURIER
Bank draft of acceptance of offer of admission made payable to Bowen University, Iwo could be sent by courier to the Registrar, Bowen
University, Iwo, while admission letter can be downloaded from the University website.
The following information should, however, be written at the back of the bank draft:
• Name of Candidate
• Name of Sponsor/Guardian
• Programme/Course offered
• Address and phone number of Sponsor
PAYMENT BY PHYSICAL APPEARANCE IN BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO
Candidates/Parents/Guardians are expected to physically make themselves available in Bowen University, Iwo by presenting their bank drafts and change them to receipts in the Bursary Department. Thereafter, they will collect their University admission letters in the Admissions Office of the University.
RESUMPTION FOR 2018/2019 SESSION
The resumption date for 2018/2019 academic session is Monday, 3rd September, 2018.
For UTME candidates, provisional admission has been offered pending the release of WAEC/ NECO results. However, such candidates are required to present their O’Level results on resumption for the academic session.
*Please note that it is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that he/she meets the minimum academic requirements for the programme admitted to.