Bayero University Kano (BUK) has commenced online application into part-time programmes. The National Universities Commission (NUC) has given approval to the University to mount Part-time degree programmes in the 21 areas listed below, effective from the 2014/2015 Session. Applications are, therefore, invited from qualified candidates for Direct Entry admission into the following programmes:
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.A. Arabic
- B.A. (Ed) Arabic
- B.Sc. Banking & finance
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Criminology
- B.A. (Ed) Economics
- B.A. (Ed) English
- B.A. English
- B.Sc. Geography
- B.Sc. (Ed) Geography
- B.A. Hausa
- B.A. (Ed) Hausa
- B.A. (Ed) History
- B.Sc. International Relations
- B.A. Islamic Studies
- B.A. (Ed) Islamic Studies
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- B. Nursing Science
- B.Sc. Public Administration
How to Apply Bayero University Kano (BUK) 2014/2015 Part-Time Degree Programme
- Step 1
- Click on the Register Tab on the left navigation panel to go to the Create an Account Page. At the Create an Account page, create an account by providing your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Personal Email and Personal GSM Phone Number. A Login credentials (username and password) will be generated for you. Please take note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process. Use Login Tab on the left navigation panel to login to your account (using your login credentials) to start/continue your application process.
- Step 2
- Print your Personalized Payment Invoice and go to any branch of any of the banks listed on the payment invoice nationwide to make a non-refundable payment of Ten Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N10,500.00) Only
- Step 3
- Return to the Login Page and login with your username and password to fill in the Application Forms:
- Programme Selection Form
- Personal Data Form &
- Qualifications Form
- Step 4
- Review all your forms to ensure accuracy of all information before submission.
- Step 5
- Print an Acknowledgement Slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter and during registration.
- If you have any inquiry or are encountering any difficulty, send an e-m@il to email@example.com
Admission Requirements for Bayero University Kano (BUK) 2014/2015 Part-Time Degree Program
The programmes are to be run on part-time basis. Courses will be taught through normal lectures and practical classes to be conducted in the evenings and over the weekends at the University’s Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) situated on Aminu Kano Way, near Gwauron Dutse Hill within Kano City. The programmes will not be run through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
Admission will only be done through Direct Entry (Level 200). The duration of the programme is five years.
Applicants for admission into the programmes must satisfy the following conditions:
- Possess recognized Advanced Level qualifications in areas relevant to the programmes. Such qualifications include National Diploma (ND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) certificate, Nursing Certificate, and General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level;
- Possess a minimum of three ‘O’ Level credits in relevant subjects, including English Language;
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- In addition, applicants for admission into BSc Accounting, BSc Business Administration, BSc Banking & Finance, BSc Mathematics, and BSc (Ed) Mathematics must also have credit in ‘O’ Level Mathematics; while candidates for B. Nursing Science must have credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Brief History of Bayero University Kano (BUK)
The seed of Bayero University Kano was the Ahmadu Bello College set up in 1960, located within the School for Arabic Studies (SAS), in the old city of Kano. With the establishment of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1962, it was renamed Abdullahi Bayero College. In 1964 it moved to a temporary site at the old Kano Airport Hotel, admitting its first set of ten undergraduate students for a B.A. degree programme of Ahmadu Bello University.
This first set graduated in 1966 but it continued as a faculty of ABU until 1980. Before then the temporary site had attracted hostile fire during the civil war and had to move to its permanent site (present old campus) in the vicinity of Kabuga and Dukawuya gates on the Kano-Gwarzo road. The next phase of development occurred in 1975, when Abdullahi Bayero College was raised to the status of a University College with the right to award degrees on behalf of Ahmadu Bello University and was renamed Abdullahi Bayero University College, with its own Governing Council.
All University Colleges in the country were raised to the status of fullfledged universities in 1977 by the Federal Government and Abdullahi Bayero University College became Bayero University, Kano (BUK) (backed by the promulgation of BUK Decree no 79 of 1979). Dr. Mahmud Tukur, the Principal of the University College became its pioneer Vice-Chancellor (1977-78) leading the team that laid the foundation and initiated the process that gave rise to the present permanent site and the shape of the university as we know it today.
The following had all been Vice Chancellors of Bayero University Kano after Dr. Mahmud Tukur: Prof. James O.C. Ezeilo (1978- 79), Prof. Ibrahim H. Umar (1979-86), Prof. Dandatti Abdulkadir (1986-91), Prof. M. S. Zahraddeen (1991-95), Prof. B.B. Dambatta (1995-99), Prof. Musa Abdullahi (1999-2004), Prof. Danjuma A. Maiwada (Acting VC, 2004- 05), and Prof. Attahiru M. Jega (2005-July 2010), Prof. A.A Rasheed (acting July-September 2010, confirmed September 2010 to date).