Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education (Alvan Ikoku) Post-UTME Screening for the 2020/2021 session has been announced. The admission screening minimum cut-off mark for degree programme is 180. The cut-off mark is 180 and above in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the Degree programme, and 100 and above for the NCE programme. Interested aspirants are encouraged to act accordingly.
Also See: Alvan Ikoku COE NCE Admission List
Alvan Ikoku Post-UTME Announcement
Announcement for all Prospective students who chose Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri as their first choice institution and scored up to 180 and above in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the Degree programme, and 100 and above for the NCE programme are invited to apply for the screening.
All candidates who did not use Alvan as their first choice institution in JAMB but scored 180 and above and are interested in applying can do so but should ensure that they do a Change of Institution with JAMB. All candidates who scored 100 and above are invited to apply for the NCE Programme as stated.
Direct entry candidates must be holders of NCE, OND or equivalent in relevant discipline and subjects.
Direct Entry candidates should also apply for the screening process.
How to Apply for Alvan Ikoku College of Education Post UTME Form
- Visit the College website www.alvanikoku.edu.ng
- Click on PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS to enter the login page.
- Click on APPLY… This will load the Post UTME registration App.
- Read the instructions page and click on START A NEW REGISTRATION
- Enter your JAMB Reg. No.
- Fill the screening Reg. form to obtain your portal ID and Generate Remita invoice (RRR).
- Proceed to the Bank with the invoice to pay your screening fee of N2000 using your RRR Number.
- Come back to the portal to complete your screening form.
- Correctly enter your O’level results
- Upload your Jamb result slip, O’level result, Birth Certificate and L.G.A. Identification, passport (Red Background Only), Direct Entry JAMB registration slip (Direct entry candidates only) and previous school statement of result (Direct entry candidates only).
- Confirm your entries
- Submit the application form.
- Print your acknowledgement slip.
Please follow these steps carefully to avoid encountering problems at any stage of the process. Any wrong information supplied disqualifies the candidate.
Helplines: 08133315556, 08034142366
About Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education, Owerri
Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, was established in the year 1963 as the Advanced Teachers Training College, Owerri, by the Eastern Nigerian Government, and took off in the old shell camp purchased by the Government, with an initial intake of 150 students.
The College was established as the Advanced Teachers College with UNESCO Technical Assistance right from the beginning and, in keeping with the Ashby Report on Higher Education in Nigeria which led to its establishment, it was charged with the responsibility of producing teachers of intermediate manpower grade.
The College was closed down along with other Educational Institutions in Eastern Nigeria during the civil war (1967-1970) and reopened at the present site built with the assistance of the British Government, at the end of the war.
The Institution became a College of Education through the Edict No 11 of May 31, 1973, promulgated by his Excellency, the Administrator of East-Central State of Nigeria, Ukpabi Asika. It was named Alvan Ikoku College Of Education in honour of Alvan Ikoku, a great educationist founder of the first indigenous (African Owned) Secondary School In Eastern Nigeria (Aggrey Memorial Grammar School, Arochukwu) and for many years President of the Nigeria Union of Teachers.