Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has started selling their Post UTME and Direct Entry admission screening exercise application forms for the 2018/2019 academic session. The AKSU post UTME form can be obtained online and the screening exercise has been scheduled as follows:
Also See: How to Check AKSU Admission List
AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Screening Form and Registration Details Have Been Released for 2018/2019
- AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Screening Form and Registration Details Have Been Released for 2018/2019
- AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Method of Application for AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening
- AKSU Post UTME / Admission Screening Schedule
- Requirements for AKSU Admission Screening Exercise
- About AKSU
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening exercise for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Also See: AKSU Supplementary Admission
AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who scored 160 and above in the last UTME examination and chose Akwa Ibom State University as their First Choice institution as well as Direct Entry Applicants.
Also See: JAMB Official Admission Cut off Mark
Method of Application for AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening
The University portal will be opened for registration from Monday, 2nd July, 2018 to Friday, 20th July, 2018. Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
Visit http://portal.aksu.edu.ng to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
- Click on REGISTER NOW LINK in the Login Page
- Select PUTME/DIRECT ENTRY in the Registration-Type Panel and click on PUTME link.
- Enter your JAMB registration number and click VERIFY.
- On the right hand side of the page showing your details, select CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT and print the pre- payment slip so generated.
- Proceed to the Bank with the pre-analysis slip and inform the Bank teller that you wish to make fee payment for Akwa Ibom State University Post-UTME screening using e-transact.
- The Screening fee is ₦2,000
- After payment, repeat steps 1 to 3 above. The payment status on the right side of the page should now show PAID.
- Click the “>” symbol at the extreme right hand side of the page to proceed with registration process.
- Complete the form and ensure you clearly scan and upload the following documents (with sizes not more than 100KB)
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificate/Result as may be applicable.
- Certificate of origin.
- 2018 UTME result printout.
- 2018 JAMB DE printout (Direct Entry applicants only)
- Diploma, NCE orA-level result or certificate (Direct Entry applicants only).
Print three (3) copies of Registration Slip from the portal. This will serve as your screening Photocard. It carries vital information such as the date and venue of your PUTME Screening.
AKSU Post UTME / Admission Screening Schedule
The Post-UTME Screening will hold from Monday, 23rd July, 2018 to Friday, 27th July, 2018.
The Direct Entry Screening will hold on Friday, 27th July, 2018.
Main Campus, Ikot Akpaden – Mkpat Enin L.G.A
Requirements for AKSU Admission Screening Exercise
Candidates are to appear for Post-UTME or Direct Entry screening exercise with the following:
- Three (3) copies of 2018 UTME result slip or Direct Entry registration slip showing the candidates photograph in colour.
- Three (3) copies of AKSU Photocard (Post-UTME or Direct Entry) screening schedule slip printed from the University portal, on completion of Registration.
- When filling the application form, each applicant should endeavour to use his/her own phone number and valid e-mail address in order to receive timely alerts, messages and directives. Do not use those of a cyber cafe operator or any other third party.
- All uploaded documents must be clear and readable. Blurred or unclear documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Any candidate who fails to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission into the University.
- Applicants who did NOT choose AKSU or change to AKSU as their University of First Choice in the 2018/2019 UTME or Direct Entry are NOT eligible for this exercise.
For further information, e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are out
Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)] was conceived and funded by the Akwa Ibom State Government of Nigeria, its primary focus is to create an exciting community of people with a passion to constantly seek knowledge that addresses practical issues of development in Nigeria.
If the current trends continue, it is expected that AKSU will become the melting pot where knowledge meets industry; a collaborative environment for learning and industry; a university that extends the frontiers of knowledge in every field of human endeavour through research, innovation and deliberate enquiry; a leader in the provision of facilities for advanced research and applied technology.
About the Institution:
Akwa Ibom State University is a multi-campus institution, with two campuses located in the central and southern parts of the State. The Main Campus is in the southern or coastal part, mostly within Mkpat Enin L.G.A., but also including Eastern Obolo, Onna and Ibeno L.G.As. The northern upland part of the Main Campus is situated at Ikot Akpaden between Eket and Ikot Abasi, on Nigeria’s East-West Highway. This highway runs across the Niger Delta from Calabar in the East through Eket, Ikot Abasi, Port Harcourt, Warri and Benin, to Lagos on the Western coast of the country.
The Main Campus at Mkpat Enin extends from the East-West Highway to the Atlantic Ocean shoreline, totaling about 4,600 hectares, with 180 hectares of gently rolling, well-drained tableland which provides the high ground that is ideal for the physical development of the University. The rest of the southern part is a degraded wetland – water-logged and flooded with mangrove swamp and tidal creeks. The Main Campus stretches over a distance of 12km from the highway to the shoreline and is 4km wide.
The Obio Akpa Campus is the second site, meant for the Faculties of Agriculture, Social and Management Sciences. The campus has a sub-urban setting, adjoining Abak town and is within 15 minutes’ drive from Uyo. Its topography is undulatory with gentle hills and slopes which gives it a unique scene.
At conception, the University was to be located within Akwa Ibom State’s Technology Triangle at the so-called University Town.
However, the current administration of the Akwa Ibom State Government have successfully changed the enabling law of the university into a multi-campus Institution with the Main Campus situated at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin L.G.A and a second campus situated at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam L.G.A.
The vision and strategic goals of the university have also been modified by the present administration of the State Government in order to transform the University into a conventional university whose focus is not just Technology and Applied Science but also Arts.
In line with this proposed transformation, the name of the Institution has been changed from Akwa Ibom State University of Technology(AKUTECH) to Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU).