Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has started selling their Post UTME and Direct Entry admission screening exercise application forms for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The AKSU post UTME form can be obtained online and the screening exercise has been scheduled as follows:
Also See: How to Check AKSU Admission List
AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Screening Form and Registration Details Have Been Released for 2022/2023
- AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Screening Form and Registration Details Have Been Released for 2022/2023
- AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Method of Application for AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening
- About AKSU
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening exercise for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Also See: AKSU Supplementary Admission
AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Admission Eligibility Criteria
Only UTME candidates who made AKSU their First (1st) Choice Institution and scored 140 and above, are eligible to apply for admission into any of the undergraduate programmes, as indicated below;
FACULTIES & (DEPARTMENTS)
Faculty of Agriculture (Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science, Crop Science, Fisheries & Aquaculture, Soil Science)
Faculty of Arts (English, History & International Studies, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religious and Cultural Studies)
Faculty of Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics and Biotechnology, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Zoology)
Faculty of Education (Education Biology, Education Chemistry, Education Integrated Science, Education Mathematics, Education Physics)
Faculty of Engineering (Agricultural Engineering, Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
Faculty of Management Sciences (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing)
Faculty of Physical Sciences (Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Physics)
Faculty of Social Sciences (Economics, Mass Communication, Political Science, Sociology & Anthropology.
Also See: JAMB Official Admission Cut off Mark
The University portal for online registration will open from Monday, 5th September,2022 to Friday, 14th October, 2022. Interested candidates are advised to register before the deadline. Candidates who fail to register within the Registration period Will not be considered for admission
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
1. 2022 UTME Result slip
2. 2022 DE Registration Slip (Direct Entry applicants only).
3. A-level, NCE, ND, HND certificate (Direct Entry applicants only)
4. Birth Certificate
5. Certificate of Origin.
6. Certificate of Medical Fitness from an approved Government Hospital.
7. AKSU PUTME/DE Registration Confirmation Slip (2022)
Method of Application for AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening
Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
1. Visit portal.aksu.edu.ng
2. Click on “START NOW”
3. Click on “Enroll”
4. Click on PUTME
5. Enter your JAMB Registration Number
6. Click the arrow below to Verify and Continue
7. Proceed to make payment of N2,000.00 only as registration fee (excluding bank charges)
Note: Payment can be made via Debit Card or Bank Deposit Nationwide. If payment is made at the Bank, please repeat steps 1-3, then continue with the registration.
8. Upload the scanned copies of your documents (2022 UTME Result Slip, 2022 DE Registration Details Slip with A-level, NCE, ND or HND certificate, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Origin, Certificate of Medical Fitness) in .jpg format with a minimum size of 120KB and maximum size of 150KB.
9. Preview the details entered to ensure accuracy.
10. After confirmation, click the “Finish” button to generate the Registration Confirmation Slip.
- Candidates who do not register for the 2022/2023 Post-UTME E-screening exercise would not be considered for admission.
- No candidate with awaiting results will be offered admission in AKSU. All candidates are advised to upload their O’level (SSCE/NECO) results online at the JAMB Portal in a COMPUTER-BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE approved by JAMB.
- Kindly note that the University does not have individuals/sales agents. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) to an individual’s account does so at his/her own risk.
- Applicants are hereby strongly advised to visit ONLY the University website www.aksu.edu.ng, e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Dr. Ebi G. Eno-Ibanga
Recommended: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are out
Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)] was conceived and funded by the Akwa Ibom State Government of Nigeria, its primary focus is to create an exciting community of people with a passion to constantly seek knowledge that addresses practical issues of development in Nigeria.
If the current trends continue, it is expected that AKSU will become the melting pot where knowledge meets industry; a collaborative environment for learning and industry; a university that extends the frontiers of knowledge in every field of human endeavour through research, innovation and deliberate enquiry; a leader in the provision of facilities for advanced research and applied technology.
About the Institution:
Akwa Ibom State University is a multi-campus institution, with two campuses located in the central and southern parts of the State. The Main Campus is in the southern or coastal part, mostly within Mkpat Enin L.G.A., but also including Eastern Obolo, Onna and Ibeno L.G.As. The northern upland part of the Main Campus is situated at Ikot Akpaden between Eket and Ikot Abasi, on Nigeria’s East-West Highway. This highway runs across the Niger Delta from Calabar in the East through Eket, Ikot Abasi, Port Harcourt, Warri and Benin, to Lagos on the Western coast of the country.
The Main Campus at Mkpat Enin extends from the East-West Highway to the Atlantic Ocean shoreline, totaling about 4,600 hectares, with 180 hectares of gently rolling, well-drained tableland which provides the high ground that is ideal for the physical development of the University. The rest of the southern part is a degraded wetland – water-logged and flooded with mangrove swamp and tidal creeks. The Main Campus stretches over a distance of 12km from the highway to the shoreline and is 4km wide.
The Obio Akpa Campus is the second site, meant for the Faculties of Agriculture, Social and Management Sciences. The campus has a sub-urban setting, adjoining Abak town and is within 15 minutes’ drive from Uyo. Its topography is undulatory with gentle hills and slopes which gives it a unique scene.
At conception, the University was to be located within Akwa Ibom State’s Technology Triangle at the so-called University Town.
However, the current administration of the Akwa Ibom State Government have successfully changed the enabling law of the university into a multi-campus Institution with the Main Campus situated at Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin L.G.A and a second campus situated at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam L.G.A.
The vision and strategic goals of the university have also been modified by the present administration of the State Government in order to transform the University into a conventional university whose focus is not just Technology and Applied Science but also Arts.
In line with this proposed transformation, the name of the Institution has been changed from Akwa Ibom State University of Technology(AKUTECH) to Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU).